HELP SHEET #9 – updated August 16, 2011
This Loyalty Traveler post is the 9th update for 2011 hotel loyalty promotions and includes about 25 new promotion offers since the July 7 list. Offers marked with an asterisk (*) were added since the last update June 7. Most hotel loyalty promotions are two to four months in duration and I try to update this post each month to summarize the best offers and place links to my Loyalty traveler posts. Scroll over the calendar on left side of Loyalty Traveler blog to see daily posts since last promotions summary.
Hotel Brands: Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Adagio, All Seasons, Thalassa Spa.
Motel 6 is the primary Accor Hotels brand in USA, however, extremely limited A-Club hotel loyalty program participation. A|Club repeats last year’s promotion allowing redemption of A|Club vouchers for stays at North America Motel 6 hotels from June 1 – October 31. LT post June 29.
Accor Hotels is the largest chain of hotel brands globally outside of the USA.
Accor 10th Anniversary World Tour Giveaway – One monthly trip consisting of Round the World flights and hotel stays in 10 cities over 30 to 40 days. Ten prizes each month for a hotel stay. (11 prizes each month from March through December 2011). LT post March 30.
Accor A|Club Global Promotion Offers List – link (This link allows searches by continent region)
Hotel Brand Tiers: Best Western, Best Western Plus, Best Western Premier
* Best Western 2x points for two stays or 3x for two stays in two BW tier hotels from September 12 – November 21, 2011. Non-elites may earn bonus two times (4 stays) and elite members may earn bonus four times (8 stays).
Registration link www.bestwestern.com/fall (not live as of Aug 16).
* Earn up to 8,500 bonus points on first Best Western hotel stay by August 31. (US, Canada or Caribbean residents
only.) Register and earn 500 points on first stay by December 31, 2011. If first stay is in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Tennessee before August 31, 2011, then member earns 2,000 bonus points per night up to four nights. This is a targeted email promotion that may or may not work for you. Promotion T&C link.
Best Western International Offers webpage link. The link provides a variety of promotions internationally for Best Western hotels.
* Best Western Hotel Specific Bonus Points in U.S.
Best Western Rewards Elite Status Match Offer (February 19, 2010) This offer is ongoing and still available. Best Western is a
particularly useful loyalty program when traveling outside the USA. Best Western and Accor A-Club have more hotels outside the USA than all the other major hotel programs combined including Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott and Starwood.
Program Change for Elites: Elite members earn 250 bonus points for stays in US/Canada or a welcome snack. (Aug 3, 2010)
Best Western Brand Tiers Change – Best Western has designated about 25% of the chain’s higher quality hotels in the 4,000+ hotel chain as Best Western Plus (about 800 hotels) and Best Western Premier (about 100 hotels, mostly outside U.S.).
Hotel Brands: Radisson Blu, Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza
These Loyalty Traveler posts describe changes with Club Carlson launch March 31, 2011:
Club Carlson Hotel Category Reassignment Analysis – Overview and Category 1 Hotels (April 7) – This post has links to posts for each Club Carlson Hotel Reward category with tables showing the new Club Carlson reward category and the former Goldpoints Plus reward category.
Club Carlson Hotel Reward Category Analysis (Feb 28) This post shows the number of hotels in each category and changes from 2010 level for different global regions.
Club Med resort credit for goldpoints. $100, $250 and $500 credit. (March 10).
Club Carlson online booking bonus – Club Carlson general members earn 1,000 bonus points for online booking. Silver and Gold elite members earn 2,000 bonus points for online booking. Concierge elite members earn 3,000 points. Club Carlson Benefits table link.
Hotel Brands: Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay
Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge, Rodeway Inn, Ascend Collection.
Hotel Reward Partners:
Preferred Hotels Group, Barcelo Resorts
* Choice Privileges Refer-a-Friend Promotion for 1,000 points for you and new member you refer after new member’s first hotel stay (through December 31, 2011).
Choice Privileges reward night cost analysis. Using a spreadsheet of 2010 reward cost, I calculated the percentage of hotels in various reward levels worldwide from 6,000 points to 40,000 points. This is the only breakdown of hotel reward tiers I have ever seen for Choice Hotels. Loyalty Traveler post May 1, 2011.
Choice Privileges Program Changes for Elite Members effective January 1, 2011:
Program enhancements for elites.
- Platinum elite qualification = 20 nights in a calendar year (formerly 25 nights).
- Diamond elite bonus increased to 50% base points (formerly 40%). Reward night booking window extended for Choice Privileges elite members:
- Gold = 50 days (formerly 40 days)
- Platinum = 75 days (formerly 60 days)
- Diamond = 100 days (formerly 90 days)
Nordic Choice Club hotel loyalty program covers 140 Choice hotels in Scandinavia and Baltic regions of Europe. Choice Privileges members currently do not earn points for hotel stays in Scandinavia, although hotel stays are available for points. Nordic Choice Club offers points and benefits for hotels in this region. Choice Privileges members planning frequent travel in Scandinavia may want to compare the benefits of Nordic Choice Club to Choice Privileges. (LT post Sep 9, 2010)
Drury Hotels are the #1 rated midscale limited service hotel brand by J.D. Power Guest Satisfaction Survey six consecutive years including 2010 and 2011. This hotel brand is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and properties are primarily located in Midwest and South.
1,000 bonus points for enrollment in Drury Gold Key Club (ongoing).
* E-Saver Discount rates for Drury Hotels.
* Vacation and Hotel Discount Coupons for Drury Hotels in St. Louis, Kansas City, Columbus, San Antonio and Atlanta. There are $10 and $15 per night discounts at select hotels on this page.
Expedia.com Expedia Rewards
Double Rewards points for Expedia Vacation Package paid with MasterCard through August 31. Registration required.
Expedia’s new loyalty program earns points for air, hotel and travel package bookings. This is a gamechanger for online travel agencies. Booking airfare through Expedia is a no brainer method for earning additional travel rebates since frequent flyer benefits are unaffected. Hotels are a different matter though since no hotel loyalty points with programs like SPG, Marriott, Hilton and others are earned for Expedia bookings.
Main Expedia Rewards benefits are the ability to earn points when booking travel for other people like family members and friends. And Expedia vacation packages often allow a hotel night to be added for the same price as airfare alone; particularly when traveling to Las Vegas. Loyalty Traveler Analysis March 28.
Tip: Sign up for Fairmont President’s Club to receive monthly special discount rates for Fairmont Hotels.
Four Seasons Special Offers website link
Global Hotel Alliance – GHA Discovery – Hotel loyalty program alliance for 12 independent hotel brands including Omni Hotels, Pan Pacific, Kempinski, First Hotels, Mirvac, Anantara Resorts, Tivoli Hotels, The Doyle Collection, Marco Polo Hotels, Park Royal, The Leela Palaces, Shaza Hotels.
Overview of GHA Discovery, elite membership benefits and local experiences, Loyalty Traveler post January 30.
10 Hotel Brands: Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Conrad, Waldorf-Astoria Collection, Hampton Inn, and Home2Suites.
* Hilton HHonors London 2012 Olympics Sweepstakes. Register for one free entry and additional entries for each hotel night July 25-October 31, 2011. LT post August 8, 2011.
Double HHonors Points or Double Miles for stays worldwide from July 1-September 30, 2011. List of about 250 excluded hotels, mostly in U.S.. Promotion registration required. Loyalty traveler post June 24.
HHonors Gold VIP elite after 4 stays or 9 nights in 90 days at U.S. hotels with Hilton HHonors MVP. Promotion registration required.
Free HHonors Gold VIP elite to August 31, 2011 for U.S. resident Visa Signature cardmembers. Complete three stays by August 31 to extend Gold VIP status through March 2013. Existing Gold and Diamond members receive 5,000 bonus points. Loyalty Traveler post June 10.
Great Getaway Hilton Summer Sale with discounts from 15% to 40%. Book May 13 to August 31 for hotel stays
May 27 to Sep 5. Prepaid rates and must book 14 days in advance. Loyalty Traveler post May 19.
HHonors Point Stretcher Rewards posted for hotels through November 2011. Point Stretchers require 40% fewer points than standard HHonors rewards. Use the drop-down menu to see participating hotels in different Hilton brands. The Point Stretcher hotel awards were updated in early June.
HHonors Points & Money – Loyalty Traveler reward analysis indicates these are good value. Loyalty Traveler post May 9.
Home2Suites opens first hotel of Hilton’s new extended stay brand in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Unfortunately this new hotel brand becomes the first HHonors brand with a lower earn rate for points and miles. Loyalty Traveler post March 21.
HHonors Comprehensive Reward Charts – Members have difficulty locating the various reward charts on the Hilton HHonors sites, particularly VIP Rewards and Waldorf-Astoria rates. This Loyalty Traveler post places all the HHonors reward charts in one post. (LT post Sep 13, 2010)
Cheaper Hilton Reward nights using Priority Club points – this Loyalty Traveler analysis developed from the Priority Club Anywhere Challenge. Hotels Anywhere allows Priority Club members to spend points for hotels in other chains. My study shows there are numerous Hilton Hotels requiring fewer Priority Club points than Hilton HHonors charges its members in HHonors points for the same reward. (LT post Sep 17)
HHonors Program change: Gold and Diamond members receive complimentary internet at all Hilton Worldwide hotels
beginning September 1, 2010. (Hilton – Aug 2 press release)
Hotels.com Welcome Rewards
Earn a free night for every 10 nights.
* Hotels.com Great Unloyaling Promotion – earn free night after booking first hotel stay with Hotels.com by November 15, 2011. Must show evidence of hotel stays in three different major loyalty programs since Jan 1, 2011 or five stays in any program. LT promotion analysis August 7, 2011.
Hotel Brands: Park Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Vacation Club, Hyatt Resorts, Andaz, Hyatt Summerfield Suites
* Hyatt Gold Passport Dimaond elite member enhancements and 43 hotel reward reassignments (25 up, 18 down) effective September 1, 2011. LT post July 28, 2011.
* Hyatt Place Road Warrior 2.0 Challenge contest from August 4 through October 6 with weekly prizes and $8,000 Grand Prize. LT post August 3, 2011.
* Andaz Package Rate 1,500 bonus points July 27-September 10, 2011. Not a particularly attractive rate, but your results may vary. 2 key offer. LT post August 2.
* Hyatt adds annual anniversary free night benefit for Hyatt VISA card renewal members valid for one night in category 1 to category 4 reward hotel. LT post August 5, 2011.
* Earn 1,000 British Airways miles per night, up to 30,000 miles for stays from August 1 – October 31, 2011. Registration required.
2,500 Aeroplan miles per Hyatt stay July 1-September 30. Maximum bonus is 25,000 miles after 10 stays.
Welcome credit and 2,500 bonus points for stays paid with American Express at 75 international hotels. Loyalty Traveler post July 2. 3-key promotion.
Earn 19,000 Southwest points after 5 Hyatt stays June 1-August 31. Loyalty traveler post June 5.
Program Change – Hyatt Property Specific Bonuses: Jeff Zidell Hyatt VP, told me on March 8 the “property level bonus” program is being evaluated and reinvented. We will probably only see regional hotel bonus offers until July. Specific property
level bonuses that typically offered 1,000 to 2,000 points in G1, G2, and G3 offers may be gone for good. We’ll see.
Hotel Brands: InterContinental Hotels, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Hotel Indigo
* Priority Club Fall 80,000 bonus points promotion for 500 points per night and potential for 2x, 3x or 4x points based on staying in two, three or four IHG brands from Sep 15 – Dec. 31, 2011. Registration link goes live around August 25. LT
Analysis August 13, 2011.
* Priority Club PointBreaks through September 30, 2011 are probably the best hotel loyalty program reward night value available at 5,000 points for a free night. Many of the hotels are discounted 80% from their normal 25,000 points for a reward night. I took advantage of two of these nights the week after the latest list posted and saved over $200 for 10,000 Priority Club points. LT post July 18, 2011 (5-key offer.)
Limited Time Rate Discount Europe – Up to 35% off for weekend stays in Europe through August 31. These rates are prepaid and nonrefundable with no changes allowed. T&C also state no points.
Limited Time Rate Discount Europe – 2 nights for the Price of 1 – LT Note: Promotion page states this offer expired June 30, 2011, but I still found available 2-for-1 rates. This is a recurring rate promotion for several years and offers one of the greatest discounts on hotel rooms in Europe; particularly London. LT 5-key rate offer.
* IHG Priority Club Last Minute Reward Nights are posted the week before the first weekend of the month. Hotels
are only posted for a few days and must be booked by Thursday prior to the Friday through Sunday dates. LT post June 30 and LT
post August 2.
$75 MasterCard Gift Card for 2-night weekend stay worldwide at any IHG hotel May 19-August 31, 2011.
Limit of four cards per member. Only for U.S. residents. Loyalty Traveler post May 18. 4-key offer.
InterContinental Hotels in Europe 5th Night Free rate July 14 – Sep 11, 2011. These rates are about 20% off Best Flexible Rate and equivalent to Advance Purchase rate. Loyalty Traveler post March 16.
Complimentary InterContinental Ambassador membership ($200 value) after three stays at InterContinental Hotels by July 31, 2011. My Loyalty Traveler post argues for spending 32,000 points or $200 for Ambassador membership and earning benefits on three stays.
IHG Priority Club relaunch previews new reward option for Last Minute Hotel Nights at 50% points of standard reward
night. Other changes are primarily cosmetic with new mobile apps, card redesign and website changes. Loyalty traveler post March 29.
IHG Priority Club partnership with Las Vegas Resorts – The Venetian and The Palazzo become InterContinental
Alliance hotel partners as of April 1, 2011. Priority Club points can be earned and burned (40,000 points per night) for hotel stays and InterContinental Ambassador benefits apply. Earn 6,000 bonus points for a three night stay booked by June 30 (Loyalty Traveler April 11 post).
InterContinental Ambassador Accelerator – 20,000 points after 15 nights at InterContinental Hotels. Registration required.
Priority Club Any Hotel Anywhere American Express gift cards.
New Price for Any Hotel, Anywhere Cards Loyalty Traveler post Jan 25.
- $100 = 33,000 points (formerly 29,000)
- $125 = 39,000 points (formerly 34,000)
- $150 = 45,000 points (formerly 39,000)
- $200 = 60,000 points (formerly 49,000)
- $250 = 72,000 points (formerly 59,000)
3-key offer IHG Sweetheart Deal – $100 Visa card rebate for a three-day or longer stay at any IHG hotel worldwide within 90
days of 2011 wedding in U.S. or Canada. (LT Jan 11)
Points & Cash Program Change: Priority Club Points & Cash Reward nights increased the cost of 5,000 Priority Club points to $40 from $30. The cost to buy 10,000 points remains unchanged at $60. Loyalty Traveler post (Nov 19)
Cheaper Hilton Reward nights using Priority Club points – Hotels Anywhere allows Priority Club members to spend points for hotels in other chains. My study shows there are numerous Hilton Hotels requiring fewer Priority Club points than Hilton HHonors charges its members in HHonors points. (LT post Sep 17)
IHG Friend & Family Hotel Rates (Steve Sickel). Steve Sickel is senior Vice President Relationship Marketing for InterContinental Hotels Group. During the hotel recession of 2009 he offered this link to FlyerTalk members for booking discount friends and family rates. This link is still active. And we are all friends of Steve’s. Here is a FlyerTalk thread discussing this
rate deal. The link in Steve Sickel’s name leads to the offer page for a voucher to complete. Some guests mention the hotel wants the completed voucher at check-in. These rates do not qualify for points or stay credit. One of the best features of this offer is the ability to book high category rooms at steep discount.
Program Change: Ambassador Annual Membership Fee Increased from $150 to $200 as of July 1, 2010. You can
also buy Ambassador membership for 32,000 Priority Club Rewards points (formerly 24,000). Renewal fee is still $100.
Priority Club Points Exchange Value and Points.com – Loyalty traveler research (Jan 20) into the exchange value of Priority Club points into airline miles through Points.com
Kimpton Hotels – InTouch
* Kimpton “Summer Like a Local Rate” offer gives a $25 nightly dining credit for a rate $10 over BAR May 26-September 5.
Loyalty Traveler posted an outline of Kimpton’s InTouch program showing how 21 stays in 2011 can potentially earn 7 free
nights at any Kimpton Hotel. (LT post Jan 11)
La Quinta Hotels – La Quinta Returns
Hotel chain and hotel loyalty program overview by Loyalty Traveler, April 12, 2011.
* New La Quinta Returns members earn Gold elite after two nights within 60 days of enrollment. Two nights may be one stay. Gold elite promotion offer for new enrollments through August 31, but keep in mind these offers are sometimes withdrawn early.
Leaders Club Rewards program changes: Membership fees for Leaders Club Rewards dropped to $100 annual for Access level. Access membership includes complimentary breakfast for two each day of stay and free internet.
Unlimited membership is $1,200 annually. Loyalty traveler post Feb 3.
Earn a free night after every 5 stays with stays in at least two LHW properties by December 31, 2011.
Hotel Brands: Marriott, JW Marriott, Renaissance, Ritz-Carlton, Residence Inn, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, TownePlace Suites, SpringHill Suites, Edition, Autograph Collection, Marriott Vacation Club, AC Hotels.
* Marriott Rewards Earn one free night at a category 1 to 4 hotel reward after two hotel stays paid with VISA September 15, 2011 – January 15, 2012. Registration deadline for this promotion is October 31, 2011. This offer may be earned two times during promotion for two free nights. Active Marriott Rewards members may be targeted for a points offer based on 15 to 25 nights. Loyalty Traveler post August 16.
* Marriott Endless Summer package rate discount offers daily breakfast for two, room upgrade and $50 daily credit for hotel stays at 30 select hotels August 1-September 16, 2011. Promotion code = ZXO. Must book by Sep 11. LT post July 27.
* New Autograph Collection Hotels are joining Marriott Rewards with six Boscolo Hotels in Italy, Prague and
Budapest. LT post August 1.
* Marriott Rewards new members in Asia Pacific region earn one free category 1-4 hotel night after two
stays. Loyalty Traveler post August 5, 2011.
Marriott Rewards 4x miles for hotels stays June 1-August 31. Earn 8 miles per $1 or 4 miles per $1 with 13 participating airlines depending on Marriott hotel brand. Loyalty Traveler post May 27.
Program Change: All Marriott Rewards members receive complimentary internet at Asia-Pacific region hotels. Loyalty Traveler post May 2, 2011.
AC Hotels is Marriott’s newest hotel brand. AC Hotels are a Madrid-based hotel chain now partnered with Marriott and brings 90 new upscale hotels in Spain, Italy and Portugal into the Marriott Rewards system. This brand is projected to expand in Europe and Latin America. Loyalty Traveler post March 27.
Marriott Rewards Hotel Category Assignment Changes for 2011 (Loyalty Traveler March 2)
Marriott Rewards PointSavers –PointSavers reduce the points cost of a free night by one hotel category. For example, category 5 hotel requires only 20,000 points per night priced at category 4 rate.
5th night free applies to PointSavers rate. http://www.marriott.com/rewards/marriottRewardsPointSavers.mi
Marriott Points Redemption Strategy using $1,000 in Marriott Cheques. This post explains how Marriott elite members may buy $1,000 Marriott Cheques for 135,000 points. You can then pay for hotel stays and earn points and elite credit on paid stays you actually purchased indirectly with points. Loyalty Traveler post Jan 27.
Marriott Rewards Elite Rollover Nights extended for 2011. This is the third year Marriott Rewards offers elite rollover nights for elite qualifying nights over your earned elite membership. For example: Silver elite requires 10 nights in calendar year and Gold elite takes 50 nights. Stay 25 nights in 2011 and the 15 nights above Silver elite rollover to 2012 membership year. You will have earned Silver elite for 2013 from your 15 extra nights in 2011 rolled over to 2012. Confused? Don’t worry. This is a great benefit for elite members. (Loyalty Traveler 5-key offer. LT post Dec 23, 2010.)
Program change – Free internet worldwide for Gold and Platinum Marriott Rewards members beginning January 2011. This expands the complimentary internet benefit offered to elites for hotel stays in the Americas since May 2010.
Omni Hotels – Omni Select Guest
Member benefits include complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, shoe shine and morning beverage delivery.
Earn a free night after every 10 nights or earn 500 miles per hotel stay.
Preferred Hotels Group – I Prefer
I Prefer and Preferred Hotels Group special offers page.
Red Lion Hotels – 44 hotels in western U.S.
* Red Lion Double Points and Free Breakfast promotion code = RLDOUBLE (through Dec 31, 2011)
* Red Lion Road Trip $50 cash card + breakfast for stays May 30-September 30, 2011.
(Marriott Rewards partner brand)
Stay four or more nights at a Ritz-Carlton July 18-September 9, 2011 and earn 30,000 bonus points. Register by August 15, 2011. Loyalty Traveler post July 11.
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa – 50,000 points enrollment offer and Gold elite first year. Maintain Gold elite with $10,000 annual spending. Three confirmed Club level upgrades per year and other benefits. Loyalty Traveler post June 13.
Ritz-Carlton Rewards loyalty program launching Sep 15, 2010 (LT post Sep 14, 2010.)
Reward Changes in new Ritz-Carlton Reward Tiers (LT post Sep 15, 2010.)
Ritz-Carlton rewards Hotel + Air Packages Analysis (LT post Sep 16, 2010.)
Starwood Hotels brands: Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, Le Meridien, Luxury Collection, St. Regis, Four Points,
* Double dip for Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points and SPG points by earning 1,000 Rapid Rewards points per stay at Sheraton, Four Points, Aloft and Element hotels in North America from August 1-December 15, 2011 in addition to normal earning for Starpoints. Must register by October 15. Loyalty Traveler promotion analysis August 4, 2011.
* Starpicks discount rates for following three to six weeks post each Tuesday. Prepaid, nonrefundable and no changes.
Must book by Friday each week.
* Loyalty Traveler analysis of Starwood Preferred Guest Airline Direct Deposit program for Mileage Plus members and others interested in earning miles rather than points from hotel stays. (August 4, 2011)
$40 gas card for two-night or longer stays at Four Points, Aloft or Element hotels in North America
through September 15. Must book hotel stay by July 31 using rate code SSBGAS. LT post July 6.
3x points for Starwood Hotels in Japan for stays and dining June 1-August 31. LT post June 26.
Starwood Preferred Guest Hotel Category reward assignment changes for 2011
took effect on March 1. My LT post (Feb 22, 2011) has a list ordered by city, state and country for changes.
Starwood Hotels data on number of hotels in each brand and average rates by brand and global region. Loyalty traveler post Feb 4.
Starwood hotels Website Enhancement – Website now allows comparison of four different rate types side-by-side for hotels in one location including promotion rates, AAA, breakfast rates, senior, government and reward nights. There are monthly calendars to locate days when Cash & Points nights are available at a specific hotel Loyalty Traveler post Nov 23, 2010.
SPG Peak Season Rates Return for 2011. Category 5, 6 and 7 hotels relaunch peak season dates and a calendar of dates and participating hotels is posted here. Book by January 9 to lock in lower rates for your hotel stays. Loyalty traveler post Dec 6.
Starwood Hotels Policy Change: Sheraton Hotel Club Lounges will be open 7 days a week in 2011.
Starwood Preferred Guest – American Express credit card changes effective October 14, 2010. The annual fee increased to $65 from $45 for renewals Oct 14, 2010. Benefit changes included 5 elite nights and 2 elite stays credit each year. The SPG50 certificate was discontinued in favor of a 3rd night free offer at Sheraton Hotels. Loyalty traveler post (August 24, 2010); Sheraton 3rd Night Free Analysis (Nov 12, 2010)
Starwood Hotel Rate Discount Codes for Multiple Night Stays. 3-key or sometimes a 5-key discount rates
These offers are for rate discounts on stays of 2 to 6 nights. Third night free tends to be one of the best discount rates. Important to check other rates (AAA, Senior, Special Offers) as these discounts are generally based on the Best Available Rate (BAR) and may not be the lowest overall rate for some hotels.
Stash Hotel Rewards
Stash Hotel Rewards New Member Enrollment 1,000 bonus points link.
Stash Rewards is a one year old loyalty program for over 100 independent upscale hotels in the U.S. Loyalty Traveler post Jan 19.
Loyalty Traveler has found the hotel partners with Stash Rewards in Monterey, Napa and Washington D.C. are great choices for hotel travelers. Stash Rewards offers points for many high quality independent hotels that previously had no loyalty program affiliation.
Stash Hotel Specials for Bonus Points and Low Redemption Rate Hotels
Voila Hotel Rewards
Loyalty Traveler profiled Voila Hotels program after signing two New York former Starwood W Hotels as the
initial hotel members in the USA for this international loyalty program for 250 independent hotels.
2,500 Voila bonus points per stay through August 31 and entry into 500,000 points sweepstakes.
Wyndham Brands: Wyndham, Wingate, Hawthorn Suites, Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Baymont Suites, Microtel, Knights Inn, Tryp.
1,000 bonus points per Wyndham stay from June 1 –September 5, 2011. Loyalty Traveler post June 2.
European residents only –
15,000 bonus points for two hotel stays worldwide by September 30 at most Wyndham brands. Stays must be booked by August 31. Bonus may be earned four times for 60,000 points. Loyalty Traveler post July 6.
Loyalty Traveler Five Key Promotion Scale
Loyalty Traveler ranks the consumer value of some hotel loyalty promotions on a Five Key Scale.
Five Keys = one of the best hotel loyalty promotions of the year.
Four Keys = high value rebate on the cost of hotel stays.
Three Keys = good value hotel loyalty promotion or rate offer
Two Keys = a bonus value if you play, but not necessarily worth going out of your way.
One Key = There is limited or no value. You are likely paying more than the bonus value.
Rate discounts and loyalty program bonuses are two types of hotel chain incentives to consider when booking travel.
Rankings are subjective and subject to change. Your specific travel pattern may result in some promotions ranking more favorably for you.
When assigning a key rank I take into consideration the following factors and probably more:
- The opportunity for significantly high-value return on hotel spend
in terms of future hotel rebate in free nights and discounted hotel nights.
- Current loyalty program promotions and offers from other hotel
- Past loyalty program offers and rates for the specific hotel chain
and loyalty program.
- Current economic conditions in the hotel location and travel
Loyalty Traveler Research Articles
* PointHub.com gives loyalty travelers Cash vs. Points Hotel and Airline Recommendations (August 11, 2011). This new beta version website shows the cost in loyalty points for a free hotel night alongside the hotel rate and makes a recommendation for your travel dates. Airlines are also rated.
Room77.com hotel room views compared to my photos. Loyalty Traveler website analysis June 22.
Comparing the value of hotel program points – compares Hyatt, Priority Club and Hilton programs, then discusses how I am planning summer travel using free night promotions. (May 2, 2011)
Hotel Loyalty Credit Cards and the Value of Hotel Points
* Best Hotel Credit Cards for Low Spenders (August 5, 2011)
Loyalty Traveler Analysis of Hotel Rewards Credit Cards (March 19, 2011)
Elite Status Benefits with Hotel Loyalty Credit Cards (March 21, 2011)
Hotel Credit Cards Comparison by Value of Points (September 2, 2010)
Hotel Points to Airline Miles Conversion Tables
Hotel Rates Survey for USA States, Cities, and Average Hotel Rates Worldwide
Hotels.com 2010 – Full Year 2010 – Global Hotel Price Index – This is a great resource for finding where hotel rates are high and low around the world. There are tables of USA average hotel rates by state and major cities.
Loyalty Traveler Travel
Brokeass Mountain Road Trip, July 2011
Monterey, California – Denver, Colorado
- Yosemite’s Tioga Pass Road across the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Westin Monache Resort Mammoth for year round vacations
- Even Lonelier than the Loneliest Road in America
- Earth’s Oldest Trees in Great Basin National Park Nevada
- Brokeass Mountain Tour eastbound – Hotel Value at High Elevation
- Brokeass Mountain Tour visits Starwood in Denver
- Top of the Rockies on the High Road to Aspen
- St. Regis Aspen – Too Late to Cancel
- Nevada and Carson Pass Highway 88 home