Any Hotel Anywhere American Express gift cards have increased in Priority Club points cost. For cards at the $200 and $250 level the price increase is 20% more points.
Priority Club is unique in letting members redeem points for hotels in other chains. One of the high value offers from Priority Club is the ability to redeem points for prepaid American Express hotel gift cards that can be used worldwide at hotels accepting American Express. This is not a credit card, so you can’t use these cards to hold a room requiring a credit card on file.
Any Hotel, Anywhere prepaid American Express cards come in five denominations for US members.
New Price for Any Hotel, Anywhere Cards
- $100 = 33,000 points (1,000 points = $3.03 cash)
- $125 = 39,000 points (1,000 points = $3.20 cash)
- $150 = 45,000 points (1,000 points = $3.33 cash)
- $200 = 60,000 points (1,000 points = $3.33 cash)
- $250 = 72,000 points (1,000 points = $3.47 cash)
Old Price for Any Hotel, Anywhere Cards
- $100 = 29,000 points (1,000 points = $3.45 cash)
- $125 = 34,000 points (1,000 points = $3.67 cash)
- $150 = 39,000 points (1,000 points = $3.85 cash)
- $200 = 49,000 points (1,000 points = $4.08 cash)
- $250 = 59,000 points (1,000 points = $4.24 cash)
One of the big advantages of these gift cards is the ability to earn loyalty member benefits and credit with another hotel chain by making reservations through the competing hotel’s normal reservations, then paying for the stay with your Priority Club purchased AmEx gift card.
Gift cards expire one year after issuance.
Link: FlyerTalk thread gives anecdotal evidence for value of these cards.
Related Loyalty Traveler Post:
Priority Club’s New Hotels Anywhere Rate Analysis (May 20, 2010)
Hotels Anywhere is a different Priority Club program allowing hotels in other chains to be booked online using Priority Club points. There are some hotels, particularly Hilton brands that are available for fewer Priority Club points than points HHonors charges members.