I have a plan for Kimpton Hotels. Kimpton Hotels has the potential for earning fast free nights. The beginning of the calendar year is the best time to implement a Kimpton Hotels plan. I am looking into the question: How many free nights can be earned with Kimpton Hotels on the fewest paid hotel nights? If you do not know Kimpton Hotels InTouch loyalty program, then you might be surprised at how fast free nights add up.
Currently 51 Kimpton Hotels are listed on the website with the highest concentration of properties in San Francisco/San Jose (10 hotels) and Washington, D.C. metro area (12 hotels). Kimpton Hotels are located in major U.S. cities and resorts: Los Angeles, San Diego, Scottsdale, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Aspen, Denver, Dallas, Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Vero Beach, Atlanta, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston and New York City.
On a personal note, I find many Kimpton properties successfully pull off the boutique hotel allure so desperately desired by Starwood W Hotels. Lovers of the W concept will likely find Kimpton properties intriguing. Kimpton’s are more a kind of Alice in Wonderland experience where things tend to appear a little quirky, but oh so cool. Kimpton Hotels truly tend to be the kind of place where you feel you want to hang out at the hotel for a chance to meet some of the more interesting people around.
Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program
Kimpton Hotels offers a guest recognition program with a value-added frequent stay component. Here are a few of the benefits offered to Kimpton InTouch loyalty members.
- Free internet (Enough said!) [LT editor’s note: Kimpton’s words, not mine]
- Raid the Mini-Bar (any two items with $10 credit or $15 in NYC)
- $30 off any in-room spa services
- Individual preferences profile for pillows, newspaper, room location
- Complimentary nights
Kimpton InTouch Complimentary Nights Earning Scheme
This is not your typical hotel points loyalty program. In fact, Kimpton InTouch does not use loyalty points currency at all.
- Earn 1 Free Night at any Kimpton Hotel for every 7 Stays or 20 Nights
- Eligible stays and nights rollover year-to-year until you earn your free night.
Kimpton Passport Reward Nights
- Stay in 10 different Kimpton Hotels in a calendar year and earn a 2-night free stay.
- Stay in 15 different Kimpton Hotels in a calendar year and earn one additional free night.
- Stay in 20 different Kimpton Hotels in a calendar year and earn one additional free night.
Kimpton InTouch Inner Circle Elite
Inner Circle is the elite membership level of Kimpton InTouch. Inner Circle requires 15 stays or 45 nights in a calendar year. Inner Circle membership period lasts from date of qualification through the following calendar year. Earn InnerCircle elite in 2011 and you will maintain elite membership through December 31, 2012. The sooner you earn InnerCircle, the more time you have for benefits in 2011 and all of 2012.
Inner Circle Benefits:
- Complimentary upgrade to next room category
- 48-hour advance reservation guaranteed room at any Kimpton Hotel
- Complimentary stay at any newly opened Kimpton Hotel (3 hotels, Baltimore, Chicago and Minneapolis are currently listed on Kimpton website as NEW!)
- Complimentary chef’s course at any Kimpton Restaurant (LT note: Kimpton is also known for its hotel restaurants.)
- No reward night blackout dates.
Kimpton InTouch fine print terms:
- Maximum credit of 21 nights for any one hotel stay.
- New members can receive retroactive stay/night/elite credit for all eligible stays in the calendar year going back to January 1 of the year they joined.
- Complimentary room night rewards have a two-year expiration date.
- Rewards may be transferred to another person by member.
Loyalty Traveler Kimpton Hotels Free Nights Plan
How many free nights can be earned with Kimpton Hotels on the fewest paid hotel nights?
Assumptions: This is a theoretical exercise of one night stays at Kimpton Hotels in 2011 to estimate the free nights earning potential of Kimpton InTouch.
- One-night stays
- 15 stays
- 15 different hotels
- $150 per night average room rate (many Kimpton Hotels have room rates over $250 per night on many dates. This plan requires selective paid nights and redeem for high priced nights.)
InTouch Frequent Guest Free Night Tally
7 stays = 1 free night.
- Hotel spend =$1,050 (assumes $150 for one-night stay)
10 stays in 10 different Kimpton Hotels = 2 free nights.
- Cumulative nights = 3 free nights.
- Cumulative spend = $1,500.
14 stays = 1 free night every 7 stays.
- Cumulative nights = 4 free nights.
- Cumulative spend = $2,100.
15 stays in 15 different Kimpton Hotels = 1 free night.
- Cumulative nights = 5 free nights.
- Cumulative spend = $2,250.
- Inner Circle elite membership earned for 2011 and all 2012.
20 stays in 20 different Kimpton Hotels = 1 free night
- Cumulative nights = 6 free nights.
- Cumulative spend = $3,000.
- Kimpton Passport Counter resets to 0 for different hotels bonus free nights.
21 stays = 1 free night every 7 stays.
- Cumulative nights = 7 free nights.
- Cumulative spend = $3,150.
Net effect is a “stay 3 times and earn a free night” loyalty program if you travel to many different hotels.
The cost will vary depending on when and where you stay, but theoretically these 21 stays could be achieved for less than $3,000 with selective booking at low hotel rates and 7 free nights can be redeemed at $300 per night hotels for a 70% rebate on hotel spend.
New Kimpton Hotels
This plan for 7 free nights does not even account for new Kimpton Hotels opening in 2011 and 2012 for additional complimentary hotel stays.
2010 hotel openings included:
- May 2010 Hotel Palomar Chicago
- June 2010 – Eventi, New York City
- October 2010 – Grand Hotel, Minneapolis
- Hotel Palomar Phoenix (2012)
- Hotel Monaco, Philadelphia (Q3 2012)
The advantage of Kimpton’s InTouch hotel loyalty program is the ability to select low priced Kimpton nights for paid stays and redeem free nights at much higher priced hotels.
Loyalty Traveler Free Nights at Kimpton Hotels Plan Summary
The ability to receive 7 to 10 free nights at Kimpton Hotels by staying 21 nights in 20 different hotels in 2011 is a high value frequent guest opportunity. There are 22 different properties just in the Washington D.C. metro area and San Francisco Bay area.
Accumulating 15 stays to reach Inner Circle elite status is rewarded with five free nights with stays in 15 different Kimpton Hotels in 2011, in addition to the value-added benefits on future Kimpton Hotel stays through 2012 as an Inner Circle elite member.
Free night promotions prevalent over the past two years may dwindle away in the major hotel loyalty programs in 2011. Kimpton InTouch makes free nights a predictable surety with a two year usage date for your freebies. Kimpton Hotels offer travelers a stylish-chic, modern yet historic and progressively guest friendly hotel chain reaching across America’s major cities.
Kimpton might be a good move for your hotel stays and loyalty in 2011.
ARIZONA – Scottsdale
CALIFORNIA – Los Angeles
CALIFORNIA – San Diego
CALIFORNIA – San Francisco
CALIFORNIA – Silicon Valley/Cupertino/San Jose
COLORADO – Aspen
COLORADO – Denver
FLORIDA – Miami
FLORIDA – Vero Beach
GEORGIA – Atlanta
ILLINOIS – Chicago
MARYLAND – Baltimore
MASSACHUSETTS – Boston
MASSACHUSETTS – Cambridge
MINNESOTA – Minneapolis
NEW YORK – New York City
OREGON – Portland
PENNSYLVANIA – Philadelphia
TEXAS – Dallas
UTAH – Salt Lake City
VIRGINIA – Alexandria
VIRGINIA – Arlington
WASHINGTON, D.C./VIRGINIA METRO AREA
WASHINGTON – Seattle
Hotel industry reports indicate Kimpton Hotels has rapid growth potential and capital for expansion. Inner Circle can be a valuable loyalty status.