Our trip to Europe in June involved flying San Francisco to Zurich on United, then Swiss Air to Copenhagen, Denmark with stays in a couple of Nordic Choice Hotels.
- Copenhagen Metro and public transportation
- Comfort Hotel Vesterbro Copenhagen review
- Where Nordic Choice Club points are better deal than Choice Privileges
- *Copenhagen sights
- Skt. Petri Ascend Collection is a 20K hotel deal
From Denmark, we flew Ryanair Copenhagen CPH to Kaunas, Lithuania KUN for a 3-night stay at Park Inn Kaunas booked when it was still a category 1 hotel. We booked a Business Class upgrade for 13,500 points per night. I saw I never wrote a review of Park Inn Kaunas or Radisson Blu Klaipeda, where we also stayed three nights on a Business Class upgrade for 22,500 points per night before that hotel went to category 3 in March 2018. Those reviews to come.
News of ‘Vilnius – the G-spot of Europe‘ advertising campaign hit social media recently. That story had me looking at my photos from the past two years when I visited Vilnius. I have never written a comprehensive article about Vilnius as a tourist destination. I have an article I am developing, Vehemently Vilnius to share some of the other cool spots I found in Lithuania’s capital city on my trips.
- Park Inn Kaunas hotel review
- *Radisson Blu Klaipeda hotel review
- Vilnius eclectic spring
- Kaunas on the Russian Front for World Cup kick off
- Images of Klaipeda, Lithuania
- White storks of Lithuania
- 5 interesting observations from Lithuania
We flew from Vilnius, Lithuania to Gdansk, Poland on Wizz Airlines, where we spent three nights in Sopot, Poland the country’s premier Baltic Sea beach resort. Marriott Sopot and Sheraton Sopot were two upper upscale hotels we enjoyed. There is definitely another article I can put together for Sopot tourism. Sopot was one of Kelley’s favorite places we visited this summer. She wants to go back.
LOT Polish eventually got us to Krakow, Poland a day late via Warsaw. LOT Polish eventually responded to my EU 261 flight cancellation claim 8 weeks after my submission to inform me that we will each receive 250eur compensation for the cancelled flight.
- Sopot Marriott Resort & Spa on Poland’s Baltic Sea Beach
- Sheraton Sopot Poland and our LOT in life
- Sopot, Poland Baltic Sea beach resort town
- Pack a helmet for Best Western Plus Old Town Krakow
- Flying Ryanair and Wizz Priority cheap tickets with two carryon bags
- *GDN-WAW-KRK LOT Polish and WAW lounge
Ryanair from Krakow to Rome, Italy turned out to be more pleasurable than I anticipated with so many sights and enjoyable pubs for watching World Cup football matches. Summer heat and summer crowds did not detract much from our wonderful experiences.
- Rome Termini Station cheap trains to Fiumicino FCO or Ciampino CIA Airports
- Best Western Artdeco Hotel Rome central city location
- Rome is a walkable city for sights
- Walking Rome – Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
- Walking Rome – Villa Borghese Gardens
- Best Western Rome Airport FCO and a walk in Fiumicino, Italy
There were airport lounge visits in Warsaw and Munich that I have not covered in posts.
- Copenhagen, Lithuania, Poland and Rome 9 hotels trip using points in 6 loyalty programs
- Cost of travel Copenhagen and Rome vs. Lithuania and Poland
- *Air Travel – United Airlines/Munich MUC lounge