Marriott Bonvoy launches February 13, 2019. About 400 hotels change category for free night awards on March 5, 2019. Most of these hotels are rising in reward category.
The new Marriott category 8 hotel rewards redemption rate will take effect on March 5, 2019. Reward rates at hotels currently in category 7 are 60,000 points per reward night. On March 5 about 70 hotels move up to category 8 and will increase to 85,000 points.
Marriott Bonvoy does not mention if peak season rates will be introduced for reward nights on March 5.
New Category 8 hotels on March 5 (these 8 hotels are in addition to 61 Category 8 hotels from initial summer 2018 list).
- Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
- The London EDITION
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve
- Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Napa Valley
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
- The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Hamra Beach
- W Hong Kong
- The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice