Choice Privileges is selling points at 30% discount through February 22, 2019 reducing the price of points from $11.00 to $7.70 per 1,000 points when you buy 5,000 to 50,000 points. Choice Privileges has an annual purchase limit of 50,000 points.
This offer is a good deal at $7.70 per 1,000 points. Although, you can buy points for $7.50 per 1,000 points through Points Plus Cash reward stays if you have 6,000 points available for booking reward nights.
Choice Privileges points provide one of the best value hotel currencies for my travels.
I stayed 22 reward nights in 2018 using 226,000 Choice Privileges points. Those reward nights purchased $4,398 in rooms.
One way to look at these numbers is my redemption value for 226,000 Choice Privileges points was $19.46 per 1,000 points for points I purchased for about $5.06 per 1,000 points.
Perhaps a better way to look at these numbers is I purchased 22 hotel nights for $1,145.50. I paid $1,123 for 223,000 points in Daily Getaways and $22.50 for 3,000 points through Points Plus Cash reward nights to buy 226,000 points.
That works out to $52.07 per hotel night for 22 hotel reward nights in 2018.
Loyalty Traveler 2018 Hotel Reviews for Choice Hotels stays
- Review Comfort Hotel Star Inn Vienna Schoenbrunn (July 24, 2018).
- Clarion Congress Hotel České Budějovice junior suite reward stay (July 28, 2018).
- Clarion Hotel Prague City cool location, not so cool in hot summer (Aug 14, 2018).
- Skt. Petri Hotel, Ascend Collection Copenhagen is a 20K deal (Aug 17, 2018).
- Review Comfort Inn London Buckingham Palace Road for 12K points (Dec 28, 2018).
- Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Windsor castle view room review (Oct 28, 2018).
- The Cove Long Beach, Ascend Collection
- $329 junior suite for 8,000 points Clarion Collection Pacific Grove review (Sep 25, 2018).
- Choice Privileges 6,000 points stay Inn at the Peachtrees Atlanta Downtown (Oct 8, 2018).