Hilton HHonors Loyalty Traveler guide is an overview of the hotel program with links to Loyalty Traveler 2013 and 2014 articles about Hilton HHonors. The articles cover hotel reward searches, hotel reward category changes, seasonal rewards, Hilton Worldwide hotel brands, average daily rates and elite qualification requirements with links to elite member benefits.
2014 Loyalty Traveler Posts for Hilton Hotels and Hilton HHonors:
Tutorial: Finding Hilton HHonors Points & Money and Standard Rewards (Jan 28, 2014)
Hilton HHonors Points & Money Rewards Table (Jan 27, 2014) This is a Loyalty Traveler creation. Hilton HHonors does not have a Points & Money Reward table showing the points and dollars at each category level.
Hilton HHonors Seasonal Reward Rates clarified (Jan 24, 2014)
Hilton HHonors 2014 hotel category changes posted (April 11, 2014)
Palmer House Hilton history of Chicago’s oldest hotel (April 14, 2014)
Hilton Chicago and its Stevens Hotel scandalous history (April 16, 2014)
Curio Collection by Hilton is 11th hotel brand in chain (June 2, 2014)
Hilton will open six hotels in Myanmar 2014-2017 (June 14, 2014)
Hilton Europe Summer 2014 up to 33% off prepaid rates (June 19, 2014)
Hilton HHonors Table of Airline Miles Earning Partners (June 25, 2014)
Hilton HHonors 39 award category changes and 56 new hotels Effective July 9, 2014 (July 3, 2014)
Warning: Do Not Trust HHonors Rewards Pricing Tool (July 3, 2014)
Marriott beats Hilton for category 1 and 2 hotels in USA (July 7, 2014)
Which Hotel Programs count award stays for elite membership? (July 8, 2014)
The following 2013 Loyalty Traveler posts evaluate the major changes in Hilton HHonors from March 2013 when the hotel loyalty program changed to ten categories of hotels for reward night cost and implemented seasonal pricing.
2013 Hilton HHonors Hotel Category Reward Changes
Hilton HHonors changed from seven categories and Waldorf Astoria category to a global ten hotel reward categories from 5,000 to 95,000 points per reward night. Along with the change to ten reward categories was the introduction of seasonal reward rates. The effect is to make Hilton HHonors Reward Category somewhat arbitrary and variable. Hotel reward nights may shift in reward cost each month by as many as four different reward levels for hotels assigned to category 7. All reward nights in category 4 through 10 have variable seasonal rates. Category 1 to 3 hotels are fixed rates.
Loyalty Program change: American Express AXON awards change effective June 15, 2013.
Simplifying HHonors AXON changes June 15, 2013 (April 29, 2013).
Program changes: Hilton HHonors hotel award category reassignment and seasonal award rates effective March 28, 2013. Loyalty Traveler post: Hilton HHonors major award devaluation March 28, 2013 (Feb 19, 2013).
Here are a series of articles examining the value of HHonors points for hotel stays in several cities:
- HHonors Reward Analysis Boston 2013 (April 2)
- HHonors Reward Analysis San Francisco 2013 (April 2)
- HHonors Award Analysis Minneapolis 2013 (April 2)
- HHonors Award Analysis Charlotte, NC (April 3)
- HHonors Reward Analysis New York 2013 (April 3)
- HHonors Reward Value Analysis London (April 8)
- HHonors Hotel Reward Category and Seasonal Drift Explained (April 5)
- Summary of HHonors points value in USA (April 5)
- Points & Money Rewards in the new HHonors (April 2)
HHonors Program Change: HHonors Elite Status Qualification Program Change effective January 1, 2013. LT post Dec 4, 2012 Hilton HHonors increases Gold and Diamond elite tier qualification in 2013.
HHonors Member Benefits overview. This Hilton website page has details for each membership level in Hilton HHonors.
HHonors Gold elite requirements as of January 1, 2013:
- 20 stays, up from 16 stays.
- 40 nights, up from 36 nights.
- 75,000 base points ($7,500 in hotel spend), up from 60,000 base points.
HHonors Diamond elite requirements as of January 1, 2013:
- 30 stays, up from 28 stays.
- 60 nights, no change.
- 120,000 base points ($12,000 in hotel spend), up from 100,000 base points ($10,000).
Hilton Hotel Brands
11 Hilton HHonors Hotel Brands:
- Waldorf-Astoria Collection – luxury; 25 hotels (14 USA, 56%); ADR = $332.21
- Conrad – luxury; 23 hotels (4 USA, 17%); ; ADR = $271.44
- Hilton Hotels – upper upscale; 508 hotels (244 USA, 48%); ADR = $165.69
- Embassy Suites – upper upscale; 217 hotels (210 USA, 97%); ADR = $146.50
- Hilton Grand Vacation – upper upscale; 43 hotels; no room rate data.
- Doubletree – upscale; 380 hotels (282 USA, 74%); ADR = $127.86
- Hilton Garden Inn – upscale; 590 hotels (525 USA, 89%); ADR = $122.48
- Homewood Suites – upscale; 338 hotels (325 USA, 96%); ADR = $123.43
- Hampton Inn & Suites – upper midscale; 1,944 hotels (1,857 USA, 96%); ADR = $111.21
- Home2Suites – upper midscale; 30 hotels (29 USA, 97%); ADR = $104.42
- Curio Collection – new brand with no hotels yet. Comparable to Marriott Autograph Collection for independent, boutique hotels.
Hotel Brand Average Daily Rate (ADR) from Hilton Worldwide 2014 Q1 Earnings Release.
Hotel Chain Scale Segment 2014 Smith Travel Research STR used to rank hotels is scale based on average daily rate for the brand in the USA and globally.
- Earn HHonors Points and Miles
- HHonors Double Dipping
- HHonors Airline Partners
- HHonors American Express AXON 4-night Awards. FlyerTalk member Beltway has a table showing AXON prices compared to other HHonors reward options.
- HHonors Miles-for-Points (unique to HHonors is ability to change airline miles into HHonors points.)
- HHonors Points-for-Miles (poor exchange rate for most airlines)
- HHonors Purchase Points
Program Change: HHonors Diamond elite enhancement guarantees breakfast, room upgrade, executive lounge access and welcome amenity points. LT post Jan 26, 2012.