Forever Resorts is one of the main lodging concessionaires at National Parks and Recreation Areas in the USA with more than 20 lodges in 11 states. The company also has adventure tours in some locations.
- Grand Canyon Lodge – North Rim – Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Mormon Lake Lodge – Mormon Lake, Arizona
- Pinewood Cove – Shasta-Trinity National Forest, California
- Pleasure Cove Resort – Lake Berryessa, California
- Trinity Lake Resorts & Marinas – Shasta Trinity National Forest, California
- Rocky Mountain Park Inn – Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- Mammoth Cave Hotel – Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky
- Rock Harbor Lodge – Isle Royale National Park, Michigan
- Montauk Resort – Montauk State Park, Missouri
- Black Canyon River Adventures – Colorado River, Nevada
- Cottonwood Cove Motel – Lake Mohave National Recreation Area, Nevada
- Lake Mead RV Village – Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Boulder City, Nevada
- Temple Bar Resort – Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Nevada
- Cedar Pass Lodge – Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Circle 10 Campground – Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Badlands Inn – Badlands National Park, South Dakota
- Big Bend Resort & Adventures – Big Bend National Park, Texas
- Chisos Mountains Lodge – Big Bend National Park, Texas
- Lantana Resort & Marina – Lake Ray Roberts, Texas
- Southfork Hotel – Plano, Texas
- Southfork Ranch – Plano, Texas (Yeah, the real ranch used for the 1980s TV show Dallas).
- Bryce Canyon Lodge – The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, Utah
- Mad River Boat Trips – Snake River, Wyoming
- Scenic Safaris – Jackson Hole, WY
- Signal Mountain Lodge – Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Bryce Canyon Lodge is the only hotel I have been to in this set of properties.
Bryce Canyon Lodge is an ideal location for a visit to Bryce Canyon National Park. The lodge is only a couple hundred yards to the hoodoo amphitheater for hiking and photography at various times of the day to capture different light settings. I stayed at the Best Western in Bryce Canyon Village about two miles away for $100 less. Bryce Canyon Lodge was about $200 per night in May 2013 when I visited the park. Related post: Best Western Ruby’s Inn Bryce Canyon City, Utah.
Bryce Canyon National Park amphitheater (May 2013)
Another recreational concession operated by Forever Houseboats is houseboat rentals in recreational water parks of National Forests and State Parks lakes and reservoirs. Forever Resorts has its own houseboat manufacturing company Fun Country Marine Industries in Muncie, Indiana and offers houseboat rentals at various waterways in the USA.
Boat Rental Marinas
My wife Kelley once vacationed on a houseboat at Whiskeytown Lake. I have not had a houseboat experience yet.
I had no idea how much a houseboat rental costs. Trinity Lake is one of the largest reservoirs in California holding water from the Trinity River that flows from the watershed of the northwestern California’s coast range. A large houseboat is $600 per day in October.
Forever Resorts operates even more hotels in South Africa parks.
Blue Mountain Lodge
Kiepersol, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Lyttleton, South Africa
Forever Resorts Amanzi Mountain Reserve
Middelburg, South Africa
Forever Resorts Badplaas
Mpumalanga’s Hlumuhlumu Mountains, South Africa
Forever Resorts Blyde Canyon
Mpumulanga, South Africa
Forever Resorts Gariep
Gariep Dam Nature Reserve, South Africa
Forever Resorts Loskopdam
Loskop Dam, South Africa
Forever Resorts Phalaborwa Safari Park
Phalaborwa, South Africa
Forever Resorts Plettenberg
Keurbooms River, South Africa
Forever Resorts Ruby Cliff Horse Ranch
Middelburg, South Africa
Forever Resorts Swadini
Blyde River Canyon Nature Reserve, South Africa
Forever Resorts Tshipise
Tshipise, South Africa
Forever Resorts Warmbaths
Warmbaths, South Africa
Hotel Kastely Szirak
Ba-Phalaborwa, South Africa
Isiyala Game Lodge
Mpumalanga Province, South Africa
Leopard’s Trail Guest Farm
Middelburg, South Africa
Middelburg, South Africa
Mount Sheba, South Africa
Middelburg, South Africa
Tulani Safari Lodge
Balule Nature Reserve, South Africa
Waterfall Safari Lodge
Kransport, South Africa
White River Lodge
White River, South Africa
Normally I do not copy press releases for Loyalty Traveler articles, but in this case I like the press release sent to me from the PR firm representing Forever Resorts about taking advantage of parks and lakes in the USA for travel adventures in fall 2013. Here is the press release describing what Forever Resorts offers to travelers.
“Cooler Weather Doesn’t Stop the Hiking, Water Activities, Mountain Trekking and Exploring at Some of the United States’ Most Scenic Parks
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZ. (Sept. 2013) – When the busy summer travel season ends, many of Forever Resorts’ most desirable National Parks destinations offer memorable outdoor experiences—even as the cooler weather of fall and winter arrives. Visitors during the “off-season” will encounter not only fewer fellow travelers in many cases, but also a brand-new perspective on their favorite summer destinations. In addition, shoulder-season and winter travel dates mean value, with many destinations offering attractive, lower prices during the off-peak months.
- Mild temperatures forecasted at Forever Resorts’ houseboating destinations, combined with low, shoulder-season pricing, makes NOW a perfect opportunity to plan a long weekend, company retreat or even unique holiday getaway.
- Houseboating in the “off-season” affords countless opportunities to hike, fish or just unwind amidst the tranquility offered by these lakes.
- Desert lake destinations of Antelope Point Marina, Ariz., at Lake Powell (Glen Canyon National Recreation Area), Callville Bay Resort and Marina at Lake Mead and Cottonwood Cove Resort and Marina at Lake Mohave (both in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Nev.) offer stunning scenery, clear blue skies and typically mild daytime temperatures throughout the fall and winter.
- Northern California houseboating destinations open during fall and winter include Lake Don Pedro and Lake Oroville; shoulder-season vacationers can also book a “Wine Down at the Lake” package through Oct. 15 at Napa County’s Pleasure Cove Resort and Marina at Napa County’s Lake Berryessa.
- Autumn brings not only spectacular transformation to the California’s Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, but also favorable, low fall rates at Oak Bottom Marina Campground.
- Beginning Oct. 15, tent and RV campsites are just $10 per day, making exploring the area’s numerous hiking trails, picturesque waterfalls and colorful fall foliage an especially appealing prospect.
- Hike the four “Waterfalls of Whiskeytown” and enjoy the area’s most scenic natural destinations at one of the most spectacular times of year.
- Oak Bottom Marina Campground has 98 tent sites and 22 dry campsites, all within walking distance of restrooms, swim beach and access to the boat ramp; several of the campsites are waterfront.
- Among sportsmen and women who find fishing from an ordinary boat too far removed from their prospective catch, kayak fishing is growing in popularity.
- At Forever Resorts’ Willow Beach Harbor on the Colorado River near Lake Mohave, fishing is a year-round option, where proximity to Hoover Dam means water temperatures remain a constant 52 degrees—perfect conditions for striper.
- Being in a kayak allows fishermen to sneak up unnoticed on easily spooked striper and have a better chance of hooking their catch.
- Many kayak companies are now manufacturing kayaks specifically designed for fishing, but traditional kayaks may be used as well.
- Enjoy smooth-water float trips with Black Canyon Adventure Tours year-round tour options.
- Full-day tours covering 12 miles of the Colorado River and shorter Postcard Tours, which stay in the vicinity of Hoover Dam and the bypass bridge, are available
- Also an option: Colorado River Exploration Tours, which include a visit to historic Techatticup Mine in Eldorado Canyon, as well as a smooth-water float trip.
- Check the website for seasonal tour days and times.
Snowcoach and Snowmobile Tours
- Forever Resorts’ Scenic Safaris offers wintertime snowcoach tours and snowmobile tours of Yellowstone National Park.
- All tours originate from Jackson Hole, Wy.
- Scenic Safaris’ 2013 four-stroke snowmobiles are environmentally friendly, featuring reduced emissions and noise.
- For those who want to see Yellowstone in winter but don’t wish to snowmobile, 12-hour snowcoach tours comfortably take guests on a climate-controlled, chauffeured 45-mile, one-way journey to see Old Faithful. This tour visits several other points of interest along the way; breakfast and lunch are included.
- Located in quaint Estes Park, Colo., the Rocky Mountain Park Inn makes a great base for exploring the wintry wonderland of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- This family-friendly hotel has 150 rooms, a full-service restaurant and offers pet-friendly accommodations.
- Weather permitting, the Park offers opportunities for snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, sledding and snowmobiling.
- After a long day of vigorous outdoor exertion, guests can unwind in the Inn’s heated indoor pool.
- Mammoth Cave Hotel inside Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave National Park is adjacent to the historic entrance to this magnificent cave and its visitor’s center.
- Mammoth Cave is the No. 1 tourist attraction in the state and is comfortable year-round, maintaining a constant temperature of approximately 54 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It features more than 350 miles of known passageways, making it the longest known cave system in the world.
- Mammoth Cave Hotel features several varieties of lodge and cottage accommodations, three restaurants, the Kentucky Home Gift Shop offering beautiful gifts and works of art by Kentucky artisans and craftspeople.
- Big Bend National Park in Texas, situated on the boundary of Mexico along the Rio Grande, hits peak season in fall and winter and historic Chisos Mountains Lodge is the only accommodation inside the park.
- Choose one of the lodge’s hotel units, motel rooms or a Roosevelt Stone Cottage as your base for exploring this expansive park, which is home to the Chisos Mountains, the only mountain range to be completely contained within a National Park.
- Big Bend Overland Park Tours are full- and half-day tours to select park highlights via four-wheel-drive vehicle as well as hiking on certain tours.
- Several options are available, including the four-hour Hot Springs and Rio Grande Village Tour, including a 1-mile hike to the hot springs; the 10-to-12-hour River Road Tour along the southern end of the park; and the 5-hour Indian Head Springs and Moon Valley Tour, which includes a visit to a 7,000-year-old Native American campsite and the location selected by NASA in 1964 as a training ground to help Neil Armstrong learn to take a rock sample in advance of his moon landing.”
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out my page of collated current hotel promotions.