Club Carlson has a free night fall offer for a Country Inns & Suites stay of 2 or more nights completed Sunday through Thursday between October 1 and November 29, 2012. This offer is only for Country Inn properties in the USA and Canada. You will receive a certificate for one free night at a Country Inn valid for a stay December 15, 2012 to February 15, 2013.
Here are the main promotion points in bullet form:
- Must book a 2-night or longer stay using special rate code FALLSTAY. This rate is higher than otherwise lowest available rate or AAA rate.
- Two nights must include two weekday nights from Sunday to Thursday to be eligible. Friday and Saturday nights do not count for this offer.
- Minimum 3-day advance reservation required for the FALLSTAY rate.
- Stay must be completed by November 29, 2012. T&C actually state November 30, but I would assume Nov 29 to be safe unless the current promotion copy is changed to state Nov 30.
- Register your stay by December 22, 2012 with Club Carlson. You will receive an email about two weeks after your eligible stay with instructions for registration to receive free night certificate.
- Free Night Certificate will be mailed to guest about two weeks after guest registers postal address for the free night certificate.
- Free Night Certificate is valid for one free night at a Country Inns & Suites hotel in the USA or Canada.
- Free Night can be booked online at www.countryinns.com/freenight using promotional code FREESTAY or by phone at 800-456-4000.
- Free Night Certificate requires 3-day advance booking and must be used between December 15, 2012 and February 15, 2013.
- Free Night Certificate is nontransferable. Name on certificate must match the name used for the Eligible Stay. Original Free Night Certificate must be presented at check-in for free night.
- Free night stay may be booked beginning November 1, 2012. (But stay must occur Dec 15-Feb 15)
Loyalty Traveler Analysis
This offer has loads of fine print compared to the straightforward Radisson 1 for 1 free night promotion happening concurrently.
I am always wary of promotions requiring special rate codes. This Country Inn Free Night Fall Offer requires a higher rate and that reduces the value of the free night if you are staying more than two nights paying a higher rate.
Fortunately the hotels I checked still showed this to be a decent value promotion.
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Ventura, California
Tuesday, Nov 13 – Thursday, Nov 15, 2012
- FALLSTAY rate = $104.00
- AAA rate = $93.60.
This hotel is about $23 more after tax for a 2-night stay that earns a free night certificate.
Buying a free night for less than $25 looks like a good deal to me.
Ric Garrido, writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler, shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. You can follow Loyalty Traveler on Twitter and Facebook and RSS feed.