October 2018 London, Windsor, Cluj-Napoca Romania, Iceland
Romania is a country that has been on my travel wish list for a couple of years due to some of the great hotel deals available. I missed my opportunity for hotel suites with Wyndham Rewards GoFast rates when they were priced at 3,000 points + $28-$58 per night at several hotels in 2016/17.
Turns out I made my trip just in time to catch a deal with Hilton Honors for 5,000 points room nights before the reward price of most Hilton brand hotels in Romania doubled with Hamoton Cluj-Napoca and Hilton Sibiu rising from 10,000 points to 20,000 points per night and DoubleTree Sighisoara and Hampton Iasi rising from 5,000 points to 10,000 points per night.
I had a 5-night stay at DoubleTree Sighisoara booked for 20,000 Honors points ($100) in April 2018, but needed to postpone that trip.
Romania seemed so familiar and easy-going with few American tourists in Cluj-Napoca, yet nearly everyone I encountered speaking nearly fluent English. I spent a week in Cluj-Napoca exploring the city. Hopefully, I can get back to Romania to spend more time in other cities and get out to the countryside.
Oct 15-26, 2018 London – Cluj-Napoca, Romania – Windsor, UK – Reykjavik, Iceland
Trip Intro: SFO to London, Romania, Iceland 12 days $1,000 plan (Aug 23, 2018)
- Roaming Romania on $27 Wizz Air London-Cluj ticket
- Initial impressions on Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Images of Cluj, Romania
- My booking.com hotel reservation with no ***king room upon arrival, yeah!
- Hampton Inn Cluj-Napoca, Romania 29,000 points for my 6-night stay
- Cluj-Napoca, Romania closer than imagined
- Gee Wizz, what a flight mess Cluj Romania to London Luton
- Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Windsor castle view room review
- Tourist Pub Walk around Windsor and Eton
London Heathrow LHR
- LHR Terminal 2 Plaza Premium Lounge
- London Heathrow Terminal 5 to Terminal 2-3 free train transfer and LHR Underground exhibit
- My 72 square feet with REK Inn Reykjavik Iceland $57 room
- Harpa Concert Hall imagery Reykjavik, Iceland
- Price of dining in Reykjavik at 21 restaurants on Laugavegur and Austurstraeti