Road Trip Posts from $105 one-week rental car deal Jacksonville, Florida to Norfolk, Virginia May 3-11, 2014
Three objectives for trip.
1. Visit Savannah, Georgia and learn about open container drinking, but it turned out to be a record breaking anticyclone heat wave in early May and I could not walk around outside drinking anyway.
2. Visit Charleston, South Carolina and learn more about the southern perspective of the Civil War. Charleston blew my mind with its beautiful and old architecture. The historic center of Charleston is a seaport relic. By chance, I found myself at Sullivan’s Island and learned a deeper history than expected.
3. Outer Banks, North Carolina Ocracoke to Kitty Hawk via North Carolina State ferries and on Highway 12.
- Jacksonville and the St. Johns River (May 4)
- St. Augustine, Florida: History in Black and White (May 5)
- Hotel. Casa Monica St. Augustine, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 6)
- $15 to $20 per day in May for one-way rental cars out of Florida (May 7)
- Notes from the Atlantic Intracoastal Road (May 9)
- If I’m Ever Back This Way (May 9)
- Images of Historic Charleston South Carolina (May 10)
- Hotel Review: Savannah Andaz Suite (May 11)
- Road tripping Highway 17 St. Augustine to Savannah, Georgia (May 13)
- St. Simons Island of Georgia’s Golden Isles (May 14)
- Hotel Review: Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Marriott Autograph Collection(May 14)
- Southern City in Green: Savannah’s 22 Squares (May 17)
- Savannah’s ’Crown Jewels’ Monument Squares (May 18)
- Red wolves, alligators, dolphin and birds at Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge South Carolina (May 24)
- Hotel. Historic Charleston, SC 1853 The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel (May 25)
- British Cemetery Memorial Service Ocracoke Island, North Carolina Outer Banks(May 26)
- Hotel. Mansion on Forsyth Park, Savannah, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 31)
- Road Trip to DoubleTree Atlantic Beach North Carolina and Ocracoke Island (June 1)
- Three lighthouses of Cape Hatteras National Seashore (June 5)
- Hotel Review: Florida Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront (June 6)
- Hotel Review: Hyatt Regency Savannah (June 7)
- Meeting History on Meeting Street Charleston, South Carolina (June 8)
- Sullivan’s Island, SC is perhaps the most significant historical site in the USA you never heard of (June 9)
- Hotel Review: Charleston Marriott South Carolina (June 12)
- One location, many memorials — Fort Moultrie and Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina(June 14)
- Ocracoke, the ferry island on North Carolina’s southern Outer Banks (June 15)
- Pilgrimage to Wright Brothers National Memorial (June 22)