Loyalty Traveler – California
Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Mark Twain’s legacy in Calaveras County, California jumping frogs at Calaveras County Fair (May 24, 2014)
- Rafting the Tuolumne River Wilderness (May 24, 2014) 18 miles with Sierra Mac River Trips on Tuolumne Scenic and Wild River downstream from Hetch Hetchy Reservoir, Yosemite National Park.
- On the Road to Earth’s largest tree in Sequoia National Park (November 3, 2013)
- Yosemite Rim fire reaches #7 in California wildfire size (August 27, 2013)
- The Rim Fire burned into October 2013 and became the 3rd largest wildfire in California history since 1900.
- Yosemite Valley Waterfalls (May 19, 2013)
- Eastern Sierra Snow, Rock, Volcanoes and Pink Floyd (May 18, 2013)
- Bottom to Top of California in Six Hours (May 17, 2013)
- Lassen Volcanic National Park California (July 22, 2012)
- California’s Feather River National Scenic Byway (July 19, 2012)
- Hotel Marysville Peach Festival (July 18, 2012)
- Carson Pass Highway 88 over the Sierra Nevada to Monterey (Sep 29, 2011)
- Yosemite’s Tioga Pass Road across the Sierra Nevada Mountains (July 13, 2011)
- Yosemite lodging south entrance along Highway 41 (May 16, 2011)
- Yosemite Valley (May 17, 2011)
- The mountains are calling and I must go (May 15, 2011) – description of Kings Canyon National Park and Highway 180 drive.
- Chasing Mavericks in real life Jan 24, 2014 – Mavericks Invitational Surf Contest announced as waves of 30+ feet hit California. (Jan 23, 2014).
- Pacific Coast Highway on the Winter Solstice (Dec 22, 2013) Photos and description of Highway 1 coast drive from Monterey to San Diego.
- Outside Lands San Francisco Golden Gate Park (Jan 4, 2014)
- San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf tourist zone (Jan 2, 2014)
- My Monterey: April is seal pupping month, keep off their beaches (April 25, 2014)
- Whale Watching Tours Monterey Bay (Dec 6, 2013) Photos of several humpback whales on boat tour from Monterey Old Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Manifest Destiny, nature and fog in July on the Monterey County Coast (July 15, 2012)
- Tour of California Cycling Came to Monterey County (May 20, 2011)
- Wild Cat Adventure at Ventana Inn, Big Sur
- The People’s Mansion at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Big Sur California (Sep 23, 2013)
- Hearst Castle – La Cuestra Encantada (Dec 28,2013) [San Luis Obispo County on Highway 1, 60 miles south of Big Sur].
- Too Cute! Elephant Seal Pup (Dec 21, 2013) [San Luis Obispo County at Piedras Blancas, 4 miles north of Hearst Castle]
- Monarch Butterflies of Pacific Grove (November 8, 2013)
Point Lobos State Reserve
- Hiking the Million Dollar View from Hyatt Highlands Inn at Point Lobos State Reserve, California (July 28, 2013)
- Gray Whale Travelers Have Arrived Near Monterey (Dec 16, 2013) First day sighting gray whales from coast at Point Lobos during 2013-14 migration to Baja California.
- Mission San Antonio de Padua in the Valley of the Oaks, Monterey County (Sep 24, 2013)
- Pinnacles National Park west side entrance (April 18, 2013)
Santa Cruz and Santa Cruz Mountains
- The Hill that Saved Santa Cruz Mountains Redwoods (Nov 16, 2013)
- Historical story and photos of Big Basin Redwoods State Park and Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park.
- Once They Were Giants in The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park, Aptos, California (Sep 15, 2013)
- Capitola–California’s Original Beach Resort (May 25, 2013)
- Old Town San Diego for history and food (Dec 30, 2013)
- Coronado Beach in a Dry December (Dec 27, 2013) San Diego area beaches.
- Driving Death Valley National Park on Halloween (Nov 8, 2013)
- To normal crazy Venice Beach, California – with love (August 6, 2013)
- I gambled and won! Fairfield Inn Tehachapi, California is great Marriott Rewards Category 1 hotel award. (July 20, 2013
- Sheraton Delfina Santa Monica Photo Review (July 17. 2013)
- California’s hottest day in 100 years? (June 29, 2013) Death Valley National Park hit 129F, the hottest temperature since the world record July 11, 1913.
- Disney California Adventure Park fun in the sun (July 4, 2012)