In January 2018 I took advantage of a Frontier Airlines $82 round trip fare from Las Vegas to Miami with the objective of visiting Key West for the first time, while getting incredible value from a Best Western Rewards promotion for 10,000 points reward nights at any North America hotel.
I stayed three nights at the Best Western Hibiscus Inn, one block from the Waldorf-Astoria The Reach Key West on the south side of the island. Also booked my last night at Best Western Premier Miami Airport Coral Gables. Both hotels were normally 36,000 points per night in January peak season.
Spent a few hours driving around Everglades National Park on the drive back to Miami. There were still signs from hurricane damage still visible nearly five months after Hurricane Irma passed through the Florida Keys in early September 2017 with loads of roadside debris awaiting removal.
- End of the road in Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Motel Key West great location
- Everglades National Park on breezy winter day
- *Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites Coral Gables
- No bag fees Allegiant $39 Monterey to Las Vegas for Frontier $37 Miami flight