Choice Privileges recurring promotion for 8,000 points after two stays returns March 7 to April 26, 2020. Choice Privileges advertises this as a free night offer. And 8,000 points can be a free night at more than 1,000 hotels. There are currently 5 of 7 Choice Hotels in London available for 8,000 points per night on weekends through April 15. I took advantage of cheap stays at two hotels for 8,000 points per night on my February trip to London.
The deal with Choice Privileges, where hotel stays earn 10 points per dollar at all their brands, is the member receives bonus points necessary for 8,000 total points after two stays. So if you stay at one Choice hotel for $75 and then a second Choice brand hotel for $75, spending a total $150 on room rate (before tax), then 1,500 base points are earned for the two stays. The member receives an additional 6,500 bonus points to reach 8,000 points.
If the member spends $200 for two nights at one Choice Hotel, then spends $250 at a second Choice Hotel, the member earns 4,500 base points. This promotion has a minimum guarantee of 5,000 bonus points, so this member will earn 9,500 total points with the promotion bonus. Elite bonus points are additional, if applicable.
- Members must register for this promotion offer before first eligible stay.
- Room rate must be at least $40 USD or currency equivalent to be an eligible stay.
- WoodSpring Suites are not a participating brand for this promotion. This is an extended stay hotel brand acquired by Choice Hotels in Dec 2017.
- Ascend Collection all inclusive resorts are not a participating brand for this promotion. This refers to AMResorts in the Caribbean.
One of two aspects of Choice Privileges reward nights to know:
1. Hotel reward rates adjust every two months or so and there can be different rates, lower or higher, for weekend nights (Fri-Sat) compared to weekday nights (Sun-Thur).
2. Hotel reward reservations can only be made 100 days in advance of hotel stay.
Actually there is a third point to know about Choice Privileges reward nights.
3. Some hotels offer higher category rooms for the standard points level.
Our stay at Clarion Harte & Garter Windsor in Britain ten days ago was a Windsor Castle-View King Bed room, a higher category room at the hotel confirmed at time of reservation booking for the same 8,000 points.