Marriott Bonvoy offers 50% bonus points when you purchase 2,000 to 50,000 points from Feb 18 to March 25, 2020. The price drops from $12.50 to $8.33 with this promotion. That is one of the lowest prices ever for Marriott Bonvoy points. Members can buy a maximum 150,000 points during this sale for $1,250.00.
Marriott has raised the annual limit from 50,000 points to 100,000 points during this sale, and the 50% bonus points means the ability to buy up to 150,000 points. This offer is likely the best deal for Marriott Bonvoy points purchases we will see in 2020.
Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy has a significant hotel category change going into effect on March 4. A points purchase can potentially allow you to book a hotel reward stay before the price increase. Even for hotels increasing category, there are significant rate savings to be found at some properties at the higher category rate beginning March 4.
Fifth night free reward stays may save 20% on total reward night cost if a 5-night stay fits your travel plans.
Loyalty Traveler – Analysis of Marriott Bonvoy Hotel Category changes March 4, 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET February 18, 2020 and 11:59 PM ET March 25, 2020 to be eligible for the 50% bonus points offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2020 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points required.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of $12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to 7 business days after purchase.
- Base points purchased will be deposited into members’ accounts first. Bonus points will be deposited up to 48 hours after that initial deposit.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott BonvoyTM co-brand credit card will earn points as an everyday purchase.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms//default.mi.