Radisson Rewards launched its winter 2020 promotion with up to 150,000 bonus points available for members who complete 15 stays between Jan 15 to March 31, 2020. This promotion offers bonus points based on number of stays. This offer is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide.
• Complete two (2) Stays, earn 5,000 Bonus Points when the second Eligible Stay is completed.
• Complete three (3) Stays, earn 10,000 additional Bonus Points (totaling 15,000 Bonus Points) when the third Eligible Stay is completed.
• Complete five (5) Stays, earn 15,000 additional Bonus Points (totaling 30,000 Bonus Points) when the fifth Eligible Stay has been completed.
• Complete (10) Stays, earn 45,000 additional Bonus Points (totaling 75,000 Bonus Points) when the tenth Eligible Stay has been completed.
• Complete (15) Stays, earn 75,000 additional Bonus Points (totaling 150,000 Bonus Points) when the fifteenth Eligible Stay has been completed.
You must register for this promotion. On a positive note, this offer differs from many of Radisson Rewards recent offers requiring advance purchase nonrefundable rates. That restriction is not a term of this promotion.
Given that Radisson Rewards sells points for $4.00 per 1,000 points periodically, and even as low as $3.50 per 1,000 points, I look at these bonus points in terms of a rebate on hotel spend at $3.50 per 1,000 points.
- 2 stays = 5,000 bonus points = $17.50 rebate in points..
- 3 stays = 15,000 bonus points = $52.50 rebate.
- 5 stays = 30,000 bonus points = $105 rebate.
- 10 stays = 75,000 bonus points = $262.50 rebate.
- 15 stays = 150,000 bonus points = $525.00 rebate.
- 20 points per $1 on hotel spend and elite bonus points are additional.
These rebate values are general guidelines. You might get higher rebate value with points. I am fairly confident I can find $140 room value for 28,000 points at Radisson Rewards properties in some cities.
For most of us who do not travel for business, 15 stays in 11 weeks is a bridge too far.
For a traveler focused on leisure travel, I see an opportunity for a decent rebate by choosing Radisson Rewards hotels in cities where there are multiple Radisson properties with low room rates. I started today planning to write about a trip I outlined for travel across Southern Europe in March. Then, this Radisson Rewards offer had me thinking about an opportunity to pick up a load of bonus points while traveling through Northern Europe this winter.
In a subsequent post I will lay out how a traveler who does not mind changing hotels each day can pick up 5 to 15 stays for around $50 per stay with one-night stays and hotel hopping around Riga, Latvia and Tallinn, Estonia. Riga has seven participating hotels with a few properties only five minutes walk from each other.