IHG Rewards Club opens a new global promotion today for up to 4x points on stays to January 31. Registration is required. Must book stay by December 15 to be eligible.
- Stay 1 = 1,000 points.
- Stay 2 = 2x points (20 points/$1).
- Stay 3 = 3x points (30 points/$1).
- Stay 4 and more stays = 4x points (40 points/$1).
This can be a good value promotion if you have IHG stays planned for the holiday season or January travel. Hotel rates in January tend to be near the lowest of the year in many places.
Assume you spend $100 per night for 6 nights on 6 stays during the promotion with total eligible spend $600.
- Stay 1 earns 1,000 base points + 1,000 bonus points = 2,000 points.
- Stay 2 earns 1,000 base points + 2,000 bonus points = 3,000 points.
- Stay 3 earns 1,000 base points + 3,000 bonus points = 4,000 points.
- Stay 4 earns 1,000 base points + 4,000 bonus points = 5,000 points.
- Stay 5 earns 1,000 base points + 4,000 bonus points = 5,000 points.
- Stay 6 earns 1,000 base points + 4,000 bonus points = 5,000 points.
$600 in spend earns 24,000 points. This is a 25% rebate on spend, given IHG sells points for $5 per 1,000 points several times during the year.
Personally, I would have likely booked IHG hotels for my December-January trip to Europe if this offer had come around a month ago. This promotion provides a far better earning opportunity than my IHG Rewards Club Accelerate offer. Instead, I booked $600 for 6 nights in nonrefundable rates with Accor Hotels for about the same rebate value in Le Club Accorhotels.
Good to see a better offer from IHG Rewards Club than the current Accelerate offer. Perhaps this IHG deal is one that will benefit you.