Marriott Bonvoy is selling points at 30% discount from Sep 14 to Oct 18, 2019 when you buy 2,000 or more points. The purchase limit has been raised from 50,000 points to 100,000 points during this promotion.
Normally Marriott Bonvoy points cost $12.50 per 1,000 points and this offer drops the price down to $8.75 per 1,000 points.
Basically you can buy 100,000 points for $875 if you have a need for more points and have not purchased points before in 2019.
Save 30% when buying 2,000 or more points = $8.75 per 1,000 points.
Terms & Conditions
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET September 14, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET October 18, 2019 to be eligible for the discount of 30% with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2019 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
- Promotional discount purchase rate is 30% off the regular purchase rate of 12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for transaction to be completed and points awarded to recipient.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott Bonvoy™ co-brand credit card will result in earning one point per dollar spent on these transactions.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at (https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi)
While some Marriott Bonvoy members will find this offer distasteful after the introduction of peak season reward rates Sep 14, I am quite pleased to see this offer in conjunction with off-season rates for some hotels where I see good value deals.
AC Hotel Valencia, Spain – Marriott Bonvoy Category 1 hotel.
Nov 21-26, 2019 off-season rates at 5,000 points per night.
New off-season rates reduce this hotel from 7,500 points to 5,000 points per night on off-season dates. This makes a 5-night stay drop down to 20,000 points for some dates with the 5th night free reward option.
Buying 20,000 points is only $175 during this sale. This drops the nightly room rate for AC Hotel Valencia to $35 per night.
Plus no tax on a reward stay.
This hotel is available at Marriott Bonvoy off-season points price for 4,000 points per night for a 5-night stay at $175 all in for November compared to the similar flexible cancellation paid rate of 571 EUR / $637 after tax for the 5-night stay. Paying $35 using Marriott Bonvoy points instead of spending $127 per night for the flexible cash rate is the kind of hotel loyalty program deal that keeps me loyal.