Pick up a car at Orlando Airport in May and you can take one week to drive an Alamo Rental Full-Size Car to Chicago O’Hare ORD for $124 or take a 14 days road trip for $190.
Pick up a car at Miami Airport and you can drive a Budget Rental Full-Size Car to Boston BOS for $173 all-in for 7 days. Or an Intermediate SUV for $192.
An Alamo Rental Mini-Van for a one week rental to Boston is $196.
These are prices I see on Costco Travel today. Similar rates can be found through a variety of rental sites.
These are drive one way out of Florida special rates available throughout the month of May and early June from many Florida airports to locations across the USA. Prices vary depending on Florida Airport for pick-up, drop-off location, day of week, dates of rental and length of rental.
Bottom line is there are many options for renting a car in Florida and driving to cities around the USA for $15 to $20 per day and even under $15 per day all-in for rental cost, fees and taxes.
Sample rental rates and dates
Miami to Seattle or Nashville or Salt Lake City or Dallas
$173 for 7 days Budget Full-Size (May 13-20); $313 for 14 days (May 13-27)
$228 for 7 days Budget Standard SUV (May 13-20); $386 for 14 days (May 13-27)
$196 for 7 days Alamo Mini-Van (May 13-20); $392 for 14 days (May 13-27)
Orlando MCO pick-up
Orlando MCO to San Francisco Alamo Standard SUV $349 for 14 days (May 1-15)
Orlando MCO to San Francisco Alamo Full-Size Car $228 for 14 days (May 1-15)
Orlando to Boston BOS or Philadelphia Enterprise Full-Size Car $139 for 7 days (May 1-8); $252 for 14 days (May 1-15)
I rented drive out of Florida cheap rental car road trips in 2014 (Jacksonville Airport to Norfolk Airport) and 2015 (Orlando Airport to Nashville Airport).
In 2016, I planned a cheap road trip for Orlando to New Orleans and then banged my head on the rental car counter for 5 minutes at Orlando Airport when I realized I had never completed the Costco reservation shown in my travel plans. I had to pay $200+ at the counter for the one way car rental to New Orleans I thought I had booked for $40 two months earlier.
I’d love to do a cross-country road trip Florida to Monterey, California one of these years. Been over 20 years since my last cross-country road trip from Eureka, California to Rockland, Maine.
Road Trip Posts from $105 one-week rental car deal Jacksonville, Florida to Norfolk, Virginia May 3-11, 2014
Three objectives for trip.
1. Visit Savannah, Georgia and learn about open container drinking, but it turned out to be a record breaking anticyclone heat wave in early May and I could not walk around outside drinking anyway.
2. Visit Charleston, South Carolina and learn more about the southern perspective of the Civil War. Charleston blew my mind with its beautiful and old architecture. The historic center of Charleston is a seaport relic. By chance, I found myself at Sullivan’s Island and learned a deeper history than expected.
3. Outer Banks, North Carolina Ocracoke to Kitty Hawk via North Carolina State ferries and on Highway 12.
- Jacksonville and the St. Johns River (May 4)
- St. Augustine, Florida: History in Black and White (May 5)
- Hotel. Casa Monica St. Augustine, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 6)
- $15 to $20 per day in May for one-way rental cars out of Florida (May 7)
- Notes from the Atlantic Intracoastal Road (May 9)
- If I’m Ever Back This Way (May 9)
- Images of Historic Charleston South Carolina (May 10)
- Hotel Review: Savannah Andaz Suite (May 11)
- Road tripping Highway 17 St. Augustine to Savannah, Georgia (May 13)
- St. Simons Island of Georgia’s Golden Isles (May 14)
- Hotel Review: Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Marriott Autograph Collection(May 14)
- Southern City in Green: Savannah’s 22 Squares (May 17)
- Savannah’s ’Crown Jewels’ Monument Squares (May 18)
- Red wolves, alligators, dolphin and birds at Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge South Carolina (May 24)
- Hotel. Historic Charleston, SC 1853 The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel (May 25)
- British Cemetery Memorial Service Ocracoke Island, North Carolina Outer Banks(May 26)
- Hotel. Mansion on Forsyth Park, Savannah, Marriott Autograph Collection (May 31)
- Road Trip to DoubleTree Atlantic Beach North Carolina and Ocracoke Island (June 1)
- Three lighthouses of Cape Hatteras National Seashore (June 5)
- Hotel Review: Florida Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront (June 6)
- Hotel Review: Hyatt Regency Savannah (June 7)
- Meeting History on Meeting Street Charleston, South Carolina (June 8)
- Sullivan’s Island, SC is perhaps the most significant historical site in the USA you never heard of (June 9)
- Hotel Review: Charleston Marriott South Carolina (June 12)
- One location, many memorials — Fort Moultrie and Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina(June 14)
- Ocracoke, the ferry island on North Carolina’s southern Outer Banks (June 15)
- Pilgrimage to Wright Brothers National Memorial (June 22)
Loyalty Traveler Road Trip Orlando to Knoxville June 4-9, 2015
- Drive out of Florida rental car deals April and May 2015
- CostcoTravel.com $11 rental car drive out of Florida road trip (April 10)
- And I call this work visiting Orlando
- Welcome to Gator Country Florida
- WaltDisneyWorld in synchronization
- SeaWorld Orlando and marine mammal intelligence on cue
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes for locally sourced experiences
- Orlando to Knoxville road trip in 1,100 miles–my outline of destination articles.
- Daytona Beach, Florida – Babes, Bikes and Speed at Daytona Beach
- Jekyll Island, Georgia from historic country club to State Park This article was accidentally published when I had only described the Jekyll Island Causeway. Rather than delete it, I left it posted and the story of the transformation of Jekyll Island from historic country club to Georgia State park continues in the post below.
- Jekyll Island, Georgia History and Jekyll Island Club Hotel
- Best Western paid me $11 for my Georgia hotel night
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center and Hospital, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Westin Jekyll Island, Holiday Inn Resort and Quality Inn Jekyll Island
- Savannah, Georgia Historic Buildings and New Hotels
- The Brice, Savannah, a Kimpton Hotel
- It’s Tybee Time on Savannah Georgia’s Barrier Island beach
- Fort Pulaski National Monument and Civil War history in Savannah region
- Tall Trees at Congaree National Park, South Carolina
- Footloose and roaming Asheville, North Carolina
- Biltmore Estate is more than a Gilded Age mansion, Asheville, NC
- View from Inn on Biltmore Estate
- Asheville Vibrant Craft Beer Scene
- Chasing Waterfalls in DuPont State Forest, Western North Carolina
- White squirrels, black bears and waterfalls in Pisgah National Forest, North Carolina
- Appalachian Highlands on Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina
- Vast forest in Great Smoky Mountains National Park thanks to Rockefeller
- Out of Great Smoky and into DoubleTree Park Vista Gatlinburg