British Airways celebrates 100 years by awarding double Avios (2x) points for six flights flown by Dec 31, 2019. This offer includes all British Airways flights worldwide and North-America-Europe flights on BA, American, Finnair and Iberia.
Registration is required and only flights booked March 21-April 19 are eligible.
This is a good offer, but I was disappointed when I realized it only applies to bookings ticketed by April 19. That limits its usefulness for those of us who do not want to buy all our 2019 airline tickets in the next month.
Still, I showed yesterday in my article displaying summer fares from California to Europe that American, British Airways and Finnair have some of the lowest priced flights to Europe in June, July and August.
This might be a good deal for my next airline ticket purchase. And hopefully yours too.
You can join British Airways Executive Club and then register for this offer if you are not currently a member.
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility and Pre-registration
1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Member, aged 18 or over. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
2. To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must:
a) Before booking, register for the offer by following the “Register now” link provided on the online registration pagesupplied by BA and complete the registration process on ba.com (a “thank you” message will be displayed to confirm that your registration has been successful); or if you are not an Executive Club Member, join the Executive Club using code DAWW19 and then:
b) Subsequently book up to six Qualifying Flights during the Promotional Period (21 March to 19 April 2019) and fly the Qualifying Flights during the Travel Period (21 March to 23:59 GMT 31 December 2019).
c) Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight to qualify for the promotion.
3. A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive 100% bonus Avios on up to six Qualifying Flights. A Qualifying Flight is (i) a BA prefix on any selling class (excluding Reward flights or upgrades using Avios) or cabin on any BA operated service, or (ii) any flight included as part of a British Airways Holiday package, and (iii) a BA prefix on a transatlantic flight operated by British Airways (BA), American Airlines (AA), Iberia (IB) or Finnair (AY) between Europe and North America. The promotion also applies to travel on domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa (operated by Comair), Sunnair and CityFlyer. Any other flights operated by any other BA franchises, codeshare partners or oneworld alliance members will not qualify.
4. Eligible Participants who register, book and complete any Qualifying Flights will be awarded 100% bonus Avios upon completion of each sector up to six sectors.
5. Eligible Participants will only be awarded 100% bonus Avios calculated from the base Avios. The number of Avios awarded will be calculated before any cabin and Tier bonuses are applied E.g. if your base Avios is 350, your bonus Avios awarded will be 350 Avios.
6. Eligible Participants who register, book and complete six Qualifying Flights within the Promotional Period and Travel Period will qualify for the additional 2019 bonus Avios. The 2019 additional bonus Avios will be awarded upon completion of the sixth sector.
7. Eligible Participants can calculate the number of Avios they can collect through this promotion on a Qualifying Flight by using the following link. Please note that this calculator will give the total Avios awarded for the whole journey which includes Base Avios, Cabin Bonus and Tier Bonus (where applicable).
8. Avios are not transferable and no cash or credit alternative will be offered. This promotion has no cash value. All Avios and Tier Points are issued subject to the Executive Club membership Terms and Conditions.
9. Bookings made over the telephone from the UK and Ireland will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary. Bookings from other participating countries may incur a booking fee. Please contact your travel agent / travel partner for any applicable service fees when purchasing a ticket from them and requesting the specific booking date and flight details.
10. Qualifying Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in the booking classes eligible for this promotion at the time of booking. BA does not accept any liability in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight for their chosen period of travel.
11. This promotion cannot be used retrospectively. This promotion only applies to those who register, book and travel during the period stipulated in 2(b).
Change of travel arrangements
12. Eligible Participants who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for any Avios bonus award unless their revised travel is within the qualifying travel period.
13. All bookings under this promotion will be covered by the fare rules and conditions of the original fare. This includes any applicable refund and change fees. All refunds are subject to the fare rules for the class of ticket booked. Fare rules and conditions appear in your booking details when you access your booking on ba.com through the ‘Manage my booking’ functionality.