Hyatt Hotels launch a partnership with Small Luxury Hotels of the World December 6, 2018 making earning points and redeeming points for stays available to World of Hyatt members.
There are currently 54 participating SLH hotels worldwide with 5 in Asia and 49 in Europe. This represents only about 10% of the total SLH global portfolio of some 520 hotels in more than 80 countries worldwide.
World of Hyatt Benefits at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- World of Hyatt members earn 5 points per USD for room rate, but no points earned on incidental spend at SLH hotels.
- Earn elite credit for one room and points for up to three rooms per stay where member stays in one of three rooms.
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in 12:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
- Late check-out 2:00pm (based on availability at check-in)
- One category room upgrade (based on availability at check-in)
- You may not use your World of Hyatt Complimentary Suite Upgrades at Participating SLH Properties.
- In-hotel Benefits provided to Members when they stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort are not provided to Members staying at Participating SLH Properties. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and as noted above, please note that the Globalist benefit of a waived resort, destination or facility fee when paying an Eligible Rate is not valid at Participating SLH Properties.
- Members who book a stay at a Participating SLH Property through Hyatt Booking Channels are not eligible for benefits of SLH’s Invited loyalty program.
- 5-Brand Free Night Awards. 5-Brand Free Night Awards may be redeemed at Participating SLH Properties that otherwise meet the redemption requirements for these awards. However, SLH is not considered a Hyatt brand for purposes of earning the 5-Brand Free Night Award and stays at any Participating SLH Property will not count towards earning this award.
- Category 1-4 & Category 1-7 Free Night Awards. Free Night Awards designated as redeemable at a Category 1-4 or Category 1-7 hotel or resort may be redeemed at Participating SLH Properties that meet the redemption requirements for the applicable award.
- Free Night Awards that are redeemable at Participating SLH Properties are eligible to be gifted to another person by the redeeming Member, as described in Appendix B of the Terms.
- The following types of award are not redeemable at any SLH Property: Points + Cash Awards, Club Free Night Awards, any kind of Room Upgrade Award (whether secured by point redemption or otherwise), Dining, Spa & More Awards, or Future Meeting Credits. No Program award may be redeemed at any Excluded SLH Property.
- If a Participating SLH Property charges a resort fee or taxes, such fee and taxes will be waived for Members redeeming Free Night Awards unless prohibited by law. Please note that the Globalist benefit of a waived resort, destination or facility fee when paying an Eligible Rate is not valid at Participating SLH Properties.
The initial list of SLH properties in the World of Hyatt partnership includes only 54 hotels in 12 countries. China and Malaysia are the only two Asian countries represented.
Italy with 15 properties, Greece with 12 hotels and United Kingdom with 11 properties comprise the bulk of participating hotels in Europe. The other 11 hotels are spread across 7 other countries: Belgium (1), Cyprus (1), Estonia (1), France (3), Germany (1), Spain (3), Switzerland (1).
I included The Atlantic Hotel in St. Brelade on the island of Jersey in the Channel Islands with SLH properties in the United Kingdom. Technically, the Channel Islands consist of the Bailiwick of Guernsey and Bailiwick of Jersey and are Crown Dependencies and not part of the United Kingdom. For tourism practical purposes the Jersey and Guernsey Pound currencies have same exchange rate as GBP.
My next article looks more closely at the 11 new WOH-SLH properties in the United Kingdom and Channel Islands.