Marriott Rewards has 50 Category 1 and 2 hotels at lower points rate in Europe as of August 18, 2018. These 50 hotels are in 11 countries, and mostly AC hotels in Spain.
3 hotels are priced 7,500 points lower than last week. 45 hotels dropped 2,500 points and 2 hotels are 1,500 points less.
25 new Category-1 hotels in Europe at 7,500 points require fewer points now for reward nights.
- 22 of these Category-1 hotels at 7,500 points were Marriott Rewards category 2 hotels at 10,000 points and dropped 2,500 points in reward cost on August 18.
- 1 Category-1 hotel at 7,500 points was a Marriott Rewards category 3 hotel at 15,000 points and dropped 7,500 points (AC Hotel Burgos, Spain).
- 2 Category-1 hotel at 7,500 points were Starwood Preferred Guest category 1 hotels at 2,000 points Fri/Sat and 3,000 points Sun-Thu. Since 1 SPG point converted to 3 Marriott Rewards points, Four Points by Sheraton Kaluga, Russia and Four Points by Sheraton Kolasin, Montenegro are now 1,500 fewer Marriott Rewards points for Sunday-Thursday nights and 1,500 more points for Fri-Sat nights.
25 new Category-2 hotels in Europe at 12,500 points require fewer points now for reward nights.
- 23 of these Category-2 hotels were Marriott Rewards Category-3 hotels at 15,000 points and dropped 2,500 points in reward cost on August 18.
- 2 Category-2 hotels were Marriott Rewards Category-4 hotels at 20,000 points and dropped 7,500 points in reward cost – Courtyard Montpellier, France and Courtyard Belgrade City Center, Serbia.
Update Aug 24 5:20pm Pacific: These tables were edited to include 3 additional Category 1 hotels in Czech Republic, Germany and Montenegro left off the original tables for 48 hotels with a reduction in reward points since August 18, 2018.
Update Aug 25 7:15am Pacific: Added two more category 1 hotels in Italy, AC Brescia and AC Vicenza that were category 2 at 10,000 points and dropped to 7,500 points as new Marriott Rewards category 1 hotels.