Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest programs are now in a unified hotel reward category system. There are currently 155 Marriott Rewards category 1 hotels at 7,500 points per reward night in the USA and 388 category 1 hotels worldwide.
For at least the remainder of 2018, there are 86 USA category-1 hotels that are priced lower at 7,500 points per reward night compared to their reward rate last week.
Points rates have dropped by 1,500 to 7,500 points for 86 Marriott Rewards new category 1 hotels.
- 5 hotels drop 7,500 points (50% fewer points) from last week’s reward price.
- 7 hotels drop 4,500 points (37.5% fewer points)
- 72 hotels drop 2,500 points (25% fewer points)
- 2 hotels drop 1,500 points (16.7% fewer points).
This will change once again in 2019 when Marriott Rewards off-peak and peak season pricing goes into effect.
Category 1 hotels in 2019 will have a reward rate range:
- 5,000 points in Off-Peak season rate,
- 7,500 points in Standard season rate,
- 10,000 points in Peak season rate.
For now, there are 86 Marriott Rewards category 1 hotels in the USA that are priced lower than they were last week.
Click on the images to see a larger picture.
I will follow up this post with other hotel charts for reward stays priced lower since August 18, 2018.