Six weeks of travel in Europe this summer meant sporadic posting with a focus mostly on places I visited. Summer has officially ended for our household with Kelley working her first day of a new school year with a new batch of 6-year-olds to mold into students.
I spent the morning looking over what pieces I had written from our summer travel to figure out what I had not covered in my articles.
Our first trip to Europe in June involved flying San Francisco to Zurich on United, then Swiss Air to Copenhagen, Denmark with stays in a couple of Nordic Choice Hotels. From Denmark, we flew Ryanair Copenhagen CPH to Kaunas, Lithuania KUN for a 3-night stay at Park Inn Kaunas booked when it was still a category 1 hotel. We booked a Business Class upgrade for 13,500 points per night. I saw I never wrote a review of Park Inn Kaunas or Radisson Blu Klaipeda, where we also stayed three nights on a Business Class upgrade for 22,500 points per night before that hotel went to category 3 in March 2018. Those reviews to come.
News of ‘Vilnius – the G-spot of Europe‘ advertising campaign hit social media recently. That story had me looking at my photos from the past two years when I visited Vilnius. I have never written a comprehensive article about Vilnius as a tourist destination. I have an article I am developing, Vehemently Vilnius to share some of the other cool spots I found in Lithuania’s capital city on my trips.
We flew from Vilnius, Lithuania to Gdansk, Poland on Wizz Airlines, where we spent three nights in Sopot, Poland the country’s premier Baltic Sea beach resort. Marriott Sopot and Sheraton Sopot were two upper upscale hotels we enjoyed. There is definitely another article I can put together for Sopot tourism. Sopot was one of Kelley’s favorite places we visited this summer. She wants to go back.
LOT Polish eventually got us to Krakow, Poland a day late via Warsaw. LOT Polish never responded to my EU 261 flight cancellation claim I made six weeks ago. Another aspect of summer travel to follow up.
Ryanair from Krakow to Rome, Italy turned out to be more pleasurable than I anticpated with so many sights and enjoyable pubs for watching World Cup football matches. Summer heat and summer crowds did not detract much from our wonderful experiences.
There were airport lounge visits in Warsaw, Krakow and Munich that I have not covered in posts.
Here is a list of articles from our June 2018 trip with some placeholders for articles I plan to write and fill in some gaps.
- Copenhagen Metro and public transportation
- Comfort Hotel Vesterbro Copenhagen review
- Where Nordic Choice Club points are better deal than Choice Privileges
- *Copenhagen sights
- Skt. Petri Ascend Collection is a 20K hotel deal
- Park Inn Kaunas hotel review
- *Radisson Blu Klaipeda hotel review
- Vilnius eclectic spring
- Kaunas on the Russian Front for World Cup kick off
- Images of Klaipeda, Lithuania
- White storks of Lithuania
- 5 interesting observations from Lithuania
- Sopot Marriott Resort & Spa on Poland’s Baltic Sea Beach
- Sheraton Sopot Poland and our LOT in life
- Sopot, Poland Baltic Sea beach resort town
- Pack a helmet for Best Western Plus Old Town Krakow
- Flying Ryanair and Wizz Priority cheap tickets with two carryon bags
- *GDN-WAW-KRK LOT Polish and WAW lounge
- Rome Termini Station cheap trains to Fiumicino FCO or Ciampino CIA Airports
- Best Western Artdeco Hotel Rome central city location
- Rome is a walkable city for sights
- Walking Rome – Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
- Walking Rome – Villa Borghese Gardens
- Best Western Rome Airport FCO and a walk in Fiumicino, Italy
- Copenhagen, Lithuania, Poland and Rome 9 hotels trip using points in 6 loyalty programs
- Cost of travel Copenhagen and Rome vs. Lithuania and Poland
- *Air Travel – United Airlines/Munich MUC lounge