InterContinental Hotels Group will be adding 13 high-end hotels to its UK portfolio after the sale of Principal and DeVere hotels from Starwood Capital Group to Foncière des Régions. The $1.1 billion deal is expected to close in June 2018.
Foncière des Régions plans to rebrand these hotels with IHG.
- The Principal London
- The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
- The Principal Edinburgh George Street
- The Principal Met Hotel (Leeds)
- The Principal York
- De Vere Oxford Thames
- The Grand Birmingham (pipeline)
- The Principal Manchester
- The Principal Blythswood Square (Glasgow)
- The Principal Grand Central (Glasgow)
- The Principal St David’s (Cardiff)
- The Principal Oxford Spires
- De Vere Wotton House (Guildford)
IHG CEO Keith Barr indicated plans to rebrand at least three of these hotels in London, Edinburgh and Manchester as Kimpton Hotels.