As a traveler I don’t care for the ‘number of rooms’ industry standard for measuring hotel brand size. Knowing Marriott has 200,000 rooms worldwide is irrelevant to my travels. More importantly is how many Marriott Hotels there are worldwide. Each hotel is a potential destination opportunity.
There are 6,520 Marriott-SPG branded properties worldwide listed on Marriott International’s 2017 year end totals. This number includes about 125 timeshare and residential properties across several brands.
Listed below are the number of hotels in each Marriott brand.
Average daily rate for 2017 for North America hotels in some of these brands is posted in Marriott’s year-end financial report and included below.
Luxury Brands 383 hotels
- The Luxury Collection 105 hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton 97 hotels / $355
- JW Marriott 81 hotels / $225
- W Hotels 53 hotels / $298
- St. Regis 43 hotels
- Edition 4 hotels
86 additional hotels in Ritz-Carlton Residences and Serviced Apartments, W Residences, Luxury Collection Residences, St. Regis Residences, Edition Residences, Bulgari and Bulgari Residences.
Full Service Brands 1,755 hotels
- Marriott 566 hotels / $173
- Sheraton 441 hotels / $159
- Westin 221 hotels / $208
- Renaissance 168 hotels
- Autograph Collection 135 hotels
- Le Meridien 112 hotels
- Delta Hotels 50 hotels
- Marriott Executive Apartments 29 properties
- Tribute Portfolio 28 hotels
- Gaylord Hotels 5 hotels
6 additional properties in Sheraton Residences and Westin Residences.
Limited Service Brands 4,201 hotels
- Courtyard 1,142 hotels / $139
- Fairfield Inn & Suites 919 hotels / $113
- Residence Inn 760 hotels / $146
- SpringHill Suites 388 hotels
- TownePlace Suites 338 hotels
- Four Points 249 hotels
- Aloft 138 hotels
- AC Hotels 123 hotels
- Protea Hotels 90 hotels
- Element 34 hotels
- Moxy 20 hotels
Timeshare 89 properties
- Marriott Vacation Club 66 properties
- Vistana 23 properties