IHG Rewards Club released Accelerate Q1-2018 today for travel during the first four months of the year Jan 1 to April 30, 2018. These are targeted offers for each IHG Rewards Club member.
My Accelerate Q1 2018 offer:
40,000 Bonus Points
- Task 1: 2,000 points – Stay Once.
- Task 2: 10,000 points – Stay 5 nights.
- Task 3: 7,200 points – Stay at 3 Holiday Inn hotels.
- Task 4: 2,400 points – Stay on Points & Cash.
- Task 5: 1,500 points – Spend on IHG Rewards Club card.
- Completion Bonus: 16,900 points after completing 4 of 5 tasks.
Bonus Offers for additional 7,000 points:
- 2,000 points – Stay in January 2018
- 5,000 points – Refer a new member to IHG Rewards Club who completes a stay by April 30, 2018.
Warning: Points with a Crew posted an article today about missing out on 26,500 points in the current 2017 Q4 Accelerate promotion due to booking his hotel stay in August, prior to the Sep 1, 2017 Accelerate promotion start date.
This is important to me due to having a Holiday Inn reservation during the first week of January. I checked the terms of each of my tasks to find different wording regarding when task qualifying reservations must be booked.
Task 3: 7,200 points – Stay at 3 Holiday Inn hotels.
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays at different Holiday Inn® hotels worldwide have been consumed by the member between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive).
My Holiday Inn task does not specify the booking must be made between Jan 1-April 30, 2018.
Task 4: 2,400 points – Stay on Points & Cash.
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of “Points & Cash” Reward Nights have been redeemed/purchased and consumed by the member between 1 January 2018 and 30 April 2018 (both dates inclusive).
My Points & Cash Reward Night terms states the reward stay must be redeemed between Jan 1-April 30, 2018.
Glad I read Points with a Crew this morning. I will likely rebook my Holiday Inn hotel stay January 1 just to be certain it qualifies.