Sometimes I think I am the only person who does not have a catalog of songs on my iPhone. In fact, I never made an iTunes purchase before yesterday.
3,000 Club Carlson bonus points and an encounter with a Bulgarian teenager on a train last week spurred my first iTunes purchase of The Kooks – The Best of…So Far. There are 15 songs on my iPhone now.
I’ll be able to tune out everything around me when I am on planes, trains and buses, just like I see most anyone under 30 years of age do when alone in public, wherever I travel.
Club Carlson Extras Partners are accessed through the Club Carlson mobile app.
I used the Club Carlson mobile app to book a Radisson hotel in Lithuania last April and earned a one-time 3,000 bonus points for that booking. The Club Carlson mobile app booking bonus offer is still available through December 31, 2017.
Club Carlson: 3,000 points Mobile App booking April 3-Dec 31, 2017 (one time bonus).
Club Carlson Extra’s Partners:
- Restaurant Reservations – Earn 200 Points per seated reservation
- Things To Do – 10 Points per $1 USD spent.
- SeatGeek – Earn 10 points per 1 USD spent on every purchase.
- Groupon – Earn 10 points per 1 USD spent.
- Delivery– 8 Points per $1 USD spent
- Delivery.com – Get it delivered with delivery.com and earn 8 points per $1 USD spent
- Hungryhouse – Get food takeaway and delivered in the UK and earn 8 points per 1 USD spent
- Shopping – 6 Points per $1 USD spent
- Jet – Wholesale shopping online – Earn 6 points per 1 USD spent.
- eBay – Get the best deals and earn 6 points per $1 USD spend on eBay.
- iTunes – Enjoy music & movies and earn 6 points per 1 USD spent.
I had never heard of The Kooks until a teenager entered the compartment I was sitting in on the train from Plovdiv to Sofia, Bulgaria. We were talking music bands, and she wanted to know if I had ever been to Nashville and my impressions of Nashville, Tennessee.
She shared some of her favorite bands with me in her playlist catalog on her iPhone. Conversation and music helped pass the time quickly for 80 minutes of the 160 minute train ride before other passengers filled up the car along the way to Sofia. Then, the Bulgarian teen tuned the rest of us out and tuned into her music for the second half of the journey.
The Kooks Naive has 53 million YouTube views.
That song made an extra impression on me after my wife stayed out with her friends the first night I was home from Prague.
“True or false, it may be
She’s still out to get me”.