Registration is available for summer 2017 MegaBonus promotion running May 27 to September 4, 2017 offering 2,000 bonus points per stay, beginning with second stay. Earn an additional 2,000 bonus points for a stay in each different Marriott Hotels participating 17 brands, also beginning with second brand.
Marriott Rewards participating brands:
- Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- Renaissance Hotels
- JW Marriott
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Fairfield Inn
- TownePlace Suites
- SpringHill Suites
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Delta Hotels & Resorts
- Gaylord Hotels
- AC Hotels
- Protea Hotels (Africa)
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Marriott Executive Apartments
(not eligible for MegaBonus summer 2017 promotion)
- Bulgari (exclusive luxury hotel brand does not participate in Marriott Rewards)
Marriott MegaBonus Points Analysis
Assuming $100 per night and one night stays, 4 stays in TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, Courtyard and Residence Inn would earn 12,000 bonus points for $400 and another 3,000 points for hotel spend.
15,000 points would be a free category 3 reward night. That is a decent rebate, but not enough for me to shift many hotel stays to Marriott solely for MegaBonus points.
My suggestion to Marriott to make MegaBonus more exciting
Marriott MegaBonus summer 2017 offers a potential 64,000 bonus points with 17 one-night stays in 17 different brands (earning 4,000 bonus points on 16 stays).
Too bad there is not a tiered bonus for staying in many different Marriott brands like 15,000 points for 5 brands; 25,000 points for 8 brands; 50,000 points for 12 brands and 100,000 bonus points offer for staying in all 17 brands.
Realistically, staying in all 17 brands is challenging and requires global travel.
There would be very few members staying in all 17 brands with Protea Hotels only in Africa and a very limited selection of Gaylord Resorts in the USA, or Element and Moxy properties worldwide.
Starwood ran a promotion back in 2003 for 50,000 bonus points for staying in 5 of 6 brands. That was the promotion that motivated me to plan a trip to Australia and make 5 stays in a Westin, Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton and Four Points. That promotion launched a decade of strong SPG loyalty for me.
I’d like to see a brand promotion like that from Marriott Rewards.
Loyalty Traveler Hotel Promotions Guide page summarizes current major promotions offered by Best Western Rewards, Choice Privileges, Club Carlson, Hilton Honors, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, Starwood and Wyndham hotel loyalty programs.
Marriott MegaBonus Summer 2017 T&C
*A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Registration is required.
- Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by August 30, 2017, will earn 2,000 bonus points for every paid stay* (with no maximum) beginning with the second stay between May 27, 2017, and September 4, 2017, (Promotion Period) at participating Marriott® properties.
- Registered members will also receive 2,000 additional bonus points for every different brand where a paid stay is completed during the Promotion Period beginning with the second brand.
- A different brand is any brand not previously visited during the Promotion Period.
- Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account 6-8 weeks after the Promotion Period.
- Stays at ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
- Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit toward this promotion and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit toward this promotion.
- Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- Participating brands are: EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Delta Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Courtyard by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®,TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Protea Hotels, Moxy, and The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.
- Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
- See http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi for more information.
- Visit www.MarriottRewards.com/MegaBonus for complete details.