IHG Rewards Club launched their 2017 Accelerate promotion for stays January 1 – April 15, 2017. Members have their own targeted individual tasks for a minimum 30,000 bonus points. Complete the prescribed set of tasks and get a big bonus. IHG Accelerate 2017 Terms.
My Accelerate 2017-Q1 offer is for a total 49,700 bonus points. I can potentially earn over 22,100 bonus points with one hotel night. I need a minimum 2 nights to earn 39,700 bonus points. A minimum 5 hotel nights can complete all tasks for 49,700 bonus points.
My Accelerate Tasks January 1 – April 15, 2017
49,700 Potential Bonus Points
- 3,000 points for first stay.
- 10,000 points stay 5 nights
- 5,600 points stay at 2 Holiday Inns
- 3,600 points book one bonus points package
- 12,000 points one stay in a hotel outside Americas.
- 1,500 points spend on IHG Rewards Club MasterCard
- 13,000 points Achievement Bonus for 5 of 6 above tasks
Accelerate 2017 Promotion Analysis
- 1,000 points January Bonus Offer is shown separately here since it is not one of the tasks eligible for earning the Achievement Bonus 13,000 Points.
Personally, I do not have any current plans to stay in an IHG hotel in January, but that is subject to change. I do have two reservations in London at Holiday Inn hotels in February at really low room rates for winter travel. These were reservations I already had planned.
Two hotel stays in London can satisfy 5 of 5 tasks with:
- First stay at a Holiday Inn (3,000 points) and second stay at Holiday Inn (5,600 points), outside the Americas in London, England (12,000 points) and paid with IHG MasterCard (1,500 points). These are 2-night stay reservations. 4 tasks completed.
- All I need to do is change one reservation to bonus points to complete 5 tasks (16,600 points) for 38,700 bonus points. I should earn between 4,000 and 5,000 more points for room rate and Platinum elite bonus points. (Note: I checked bonus points rates for London hotels and learned an interesting aspect to these rates, which I’ll write up in a different post today.)
- If I stay a fifth night at any IHG brand hotel by April 15 I earn 10,000 bonus points more with a 5 nights task completed and all 6 Accelerate tasks.
My last Accelerate Sep-Dec 2016 promotion sucked. I earned 8,000 points from one night at a Holiday Inn in London and any more stays would have only earned double points. IHG lost my paid hotel stay business.
This promotion brings me back to Holiday Inn at a great time to load up on IHG Rewards Club points during the cheap hotel winter travel season in Europe. 50,000 bonus points can buy a lot of IHG Rewards Club PointBreaks hotel reward nights at 5,000 points each. The new list for February-March stays will post in the last week of January 2017.