Hyatt Gold Passport ‘More Points More Play’ global promotion begins today from Sep 1 – Nov 30 for bonus points every 5 nights, maxing out at 75,000 points after 25 nights.
- 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete five Eligible Nights, (5,000 bonus points).
- an additional 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 10 Eligible Nights, (15,000 total bonus points).
- an additional 15,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 15 Eligible Nights, (30,000 total bonus points).
- an additional 20,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 20 Eligible Nights, (50,000 total bonus points).
- an additional 25,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after you complete 25 Eligible Nights during the Offer Period, (75,000 total bonus points).
- A maximum 75,000 bonus points may be earned.
This is a repeat of a past promotion, which seems to be common practice these days among the major loyalty programs. Great deal for frequent guests and a bone for the dog pack masses who will unlikely get to the second bonus level at 10 nights in 3 months.
If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member in play for 25 nights over the next three months, then obviously you don’t need any guidance from me about Hyatt Hotels. This is a nice bonus to register for if you plan to be in Hyatt Hotels for at least 5 nights. Hyatt registration is allowed through November 30 and eligible stays will apply retroactively for bonus points credit.
All in all, the value of bonus point promotions in the hotel loyalty program world has diminished significantly given record high room rates in the USA and the opportunity to book significantly discounted rates for many of these same hotels through a variety of online travel agencies.
My stays at Hyatt Hotels have dropped significantly this year, due to my travels taking me mostly to places where there are no Hyatt Hotels. The other deterrent to Hyatt stays are high room rates at Hyatt are not the best deals I find in many places, even considering elite status benefits like breakfast and upgrades.