Icelandair low fares to Europe from Minneapolis have motivated American, Delta and United to lower fares to several airports across Europe these past few weeks for fall travel. Germany has been ground zero for many of the fare battles and today there are low ticket prices under $600 round trip for travel to Frankfurt, Munich, Copenhagen and Billund. Icelandair has similar fares to many of these airports.
Cities under $600 round trip:
- Munich $573 Air Canada; $581 Delta, American, United
- Frankfurt $586 Delta, $587 United, $592 American
- Copenhagen $524 Air Canada, $578 Delta, $603 American
- Billund, Denmark BLL $568 Delta
Several other cities are under $700 round trip:
- Brussels $630 UA, $638 DL
- Zurich $637 UA, $645 AA, DL
- Manchester, UK $651 UA, $658 DL Sep-Dec, AA $658
- Rome $681 Delta nonstop.
Most of these low fares are for travel from mid-September through October and some routes are Sep-Dec dates.
Air Canada fares are interesting due to AC economy K fare class earning 50% flight miles in United Mileage Plus.
Air Canada Minneapolis MSP – Toronto YYZ – Munich MUC – YYZ – MSP
$572.87 round trip Sat Sep 24 – Tue Oct 4 (Munich Oktoberfest dates are Sep 16-Oct 3)
MSP-YYZ-MUC = 4,817 redeemable miles earned in Mileage Plus or most other Star Alliance programs.