United Mileage Plus sent many members a targeted bonus miles offer on May 26 for meeting spend thresholds on tickets purchased and flown by November 30, 2016. My bonus mile offer is 38,000 miles after reaching three spend levels.
- Spend $500 = 8,000 bonus miles.
- Spend $1,000 total = 11,000 more miles (19,000 miles total).
- Spend $2,500 total = 19,000 more miles (38,000 miles total).
I have a $563 United round trip ticket from Stavanger, Norway to San Francisco in July with return in September. Unfortunately, only tickets purchased after registration count. And only base fare paid counts toward spending threshold. The third limitation is this offer only applies to United and United Express operated flights.
$562.66 United ticket Stavanger SVG – San Francisco SFO base fare is $401.40.
My travel plans for 2016 are mostly filled at the present time. I might have another $500 in spend, but no plans for much more in 2016. Perhaps I’ll get more business travel invitations to earn some of these United Mileage Plus bonus miles. I don’t mind flying $700 tickets from Monterey to Los Angeles round trip when someone else is paying.
Once American goes revenue based, I am a free agent for 2017.
Terms and conditions
* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United® and United Express® will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance™ member airline or a United MileagePlus® partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer. The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.
† For this promotion bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending threshold that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Threshold bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don’t reach a certain threshold. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by MileagePlus in its discretion and considered final.
- Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
- Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
- Ticketing dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
- Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier status.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
- Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.
- E-Ticket® purchase required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.