Radisson Red is a lifestyle brand announced by Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group two years ago when I attended the annual Radisson conference in Bloomington, MN. The first Radisson Red hotel opens April 11, 2016 in Brussels, Belgium.
What is a lifestyle hotel brand?
Lifestyle hotel brands appear to be the darling product from all the millennial travel research of the past decade. There is Starwood’s Aloft Hotels as one of the original brands with a lifestyle focus, which to me means a lobby-centric hotel focus with games, bar and music for the hotel guest’s social interaction rather than the focus on actual guest rooms. I remember my first stay at the Aloft Hotel Cascade Station Portland Airport in 2008 and how I missed the live concert in the lobby the night before.
One thing about Carlson Rezidor is their high-energy vibrant video commercials generally feature fast-paced loud music. There is a video to promote Radisson Red.
WE CONNECT WITH THAT AGELESS MILLENNIAL MINDSET AND BELIEVE THAT HOTELS CAN ENHANCE THEIR WORLD VIA ART,MUSIC, FASHION AND A DISTINCTIVE CONNECTION
Hey multilingual millennials! Radisson Red is hiring Soul of House Creatives
Carlson Rezidor does not just want millennial staff to run the hotel, they want your creative soul. https://www.radissonred.com/rebels/soul-of-house/.
- Every time a guest walks through our doors. Forget the script. There is no script. Forget traditional check-in. No desks. Have a chat instead.
- RED’s Soul of House Creatives are the first people our guests will meet. They make RED come alive. They live to connect with the guest, they look after all their front of house needs.
- We are auditioning for Soul of House Creatives
- So, can you walk the talk? And when we say ‘talk’ we mean English AND French or Dutch, just so you’re speaking our languages…
- When we open our first Radisson RED in Brussels in April 2016, we won’t get a second chance to make a first impression. That’s why our Soul of House Creatives have to be the star of the show.
- First impressions last. Because RED isn’t like the rest, this is no ordinary Front of House gig. We want our Soul of House Creatives to stay connected to our guests. We’re all in it together.