Starwood Hotels has signed two Paris hotels to its Tribute Portfolio brand. Reservations are now being accepted for Le Dokhan and Le Metropolitan for arrivals from April 1, 2016 when these hotels rebrand from their current Radisson Blu hotel flags.
The interesting aspect of this rebrand is the hotels are still available for booking in April using Club Carlson points.
Would you rather pay 70,000 Club Carlson points or 20,000 Starpoints for a reward night?
On ClubCarlson.com Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel is 70,000 Club Carlson points on Wednesday, April 13.
On SPG.com Le Metropolitan Hotel, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Paris is 20,000 Starpoints for a reward night on Wednesday, April 13.
SPG.com wants 10,000 points + $180 or 20,000 Starpoints for a free night.
In terms of the cost to buy points, Club Carlson is $490 to buy 70,000 points and SPG is $525 to buy 20,000 points during the current Starpoints 25% discount sale through April 15, 2016. The published rate is certainly the cheaper way to go for these hotels during relatively low priced spring 2016 dates.
The recent addition of Design Hotels to SPG with one Paris property means there will be seven Starwood Hotels in central Paris and one CDG airport Sheraton as of April 2016.
- Les Bains, Paris, a Member of Design Hotels – SPG category 7.
- The Westin Paris – Vendôme – SPG category 6.
- W Paris – Opéra – SPG category 6.
- Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris – SPG category 7.
- Le Méridien Etoile – SPG category 5.
- Le Dokhan Paris, Tribute Portfolio – SPG category 6.
- Le Metropolitan Paris, Tribute Portfolio – SPG category 6.
- Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre – SPG category 5.