Last week was my return flight segments for the first Amsterdam to Las Vegas round trip American Airlines ticket I purchased in January for $422. This weekend I flew back to California on the outbound portion of my second Amsterdam to Las Vegas American Airlines $422 ticket. These flights were all upgraded to Business Class cabin seats with my Executive Platinum member system-wide upgrades (SWU).
I am earning the AAdvantage miles needed on these low fare paid tickets to get us back home from Europe in July using AAdvantage miles awards when the $150 to $250 one-way Norwegian Airlines published fare tickets we are using for winter and spring travel positioning flights to get to and from California and Europe rise to $600 to $700 one-way for Europe to California summer travel.
This trip with my wife was a bit more upscale travel for the hotel stays than my solo trip to Amsterdam last month. Best Western and Holiday Inn hotel nights at $40 to $60 room rates for my solo trip were replaced by reward night travel for Radisson Blu Amsterdam, InterContinental Amstel Hotel and The Venetian Las Vegas hotel stays. I also stayed on a best rate guarantee claim at SLS Las Vegas, Starwood’s recent addition as a Tribute Portfolio hotel.
Here is an outline of the trip report segments I will write over the next week.
1. Allegiant Airlines low cost nonstop flights between Monterey and Las Vegas.
2. SLS Las Vegas, Starwood Hotels Tribute Portfolio
3. American Airlines LAS-PHL in First Class
5. American Airlines Philadelphia – Amsterdam Business Class and Economy Class Seats Comparison
6. Amsterdam Radisson Blu Hotel – Room 1 – The Cave
7. Amsterdam Radisson Blu Hotel – Room 2 – The City
8. Amsterdam Radisson Blu Hotel – Room 3 – The Birds
9. InterContinental Amstel Hotel, Amsterdam – The Views
10. Hulp! Albert Heijn only accepts Maestro cards. How do I get one?
11. 75th Anniversary of the Amsterdam Strike against Nazi persecution of Jews.
12. Dutch Resistance Museum, Amsterdam
13. Rembrandt House Museum, Amsterdam
15. American Airlines Flagship Lounge London Heathrow
16. American Airlines London LHR – Chicago ORD business class
17. The Venetian, InterContinental Alliance Resort
I only posted two small pieces from Amsterdam last week during my trip.
Second most famous dead woman of Amsterdam – Saskia Rembrandt’s gravestone in Oude Kerk Amsterdam.