United Airlines Mileage Plus offers a 25% discount in miles to fly economy class from USA and Canada to Sydney, Australia. Mileage Plus discount rates are available for travel February 2 to June 22, 2016. Book by January 28.
The normal 80,000 miles round trip rate drops to 60,000 miles round trip for flights departing Sunday through Thursday. Flights departing Friday and Saturday are 20% discount rate at 64,000 miles round trip.
You can only get the discount price on award travel to Sydney SYD and round trip award travel is required for discount price.
Travel Dates: February 2 – June 22, 2016
Book by January 28, 2016.
Charlie at Running with Miles posted this targeted discount award travel deal from the USA to SYD Sydney, Australia earlier today.
The terms of the promotion webpage seen from Running with Miles link states this is exclusive early access to discounted Australia economy class award tickets for targeted Premier elite members and United Mileage Plus credit card members.
The “exclusive early access” wording in this United Mileage Plus Australia Saver Award reduced price webpage indicates the same discount will be open to all Mileage Plus members at some point in the January booking period.
Because you are a valued MileagePlus Premier® member or United MileagePlus Credit Card from Chase cardmember, we are offering you exclusive early access to our Saver Awards sale.
Terms and Conditions for this offer are posted below. Term #10 caught my eye.
10. The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
Looks like a good deal to start planning an Australia trip if you have miles to burn.
North America winter and spring travel months. Australia’s summer and fall travel months.
THE FINE PRINT
This offer for discounted Saver Awards is available only to United MileagePlus Credit Card from Chase cardmembers and MileagePlus Premier members who, in each case, are the original recipients of an email communication presenting this offer. This offer is not transferrable.
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on January 28, 2016.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after February 2, 2016, and completed on or before June 22, 2016.
- Blackout dates: None
- 25 percent discount is valid for travel on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- 20 percent discount is valid for travel on Friday and Saturday.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the U.S.; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
- This offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Chase Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for offer fulfillment or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.