Southwest Airlines launched a 3-day sale today for travel to Mexico and the Caribbean for departures January 12 to March 2 and March 29 through May 25, 2016. Low fares are Tuesday and Wednesday departures.
Book by 11:59 pm December 17 in time zone of departure city.
While most of March is blacked out, the first week of April is Easter break for most schools in the USA.
USA Departure Airports:
- Atlanta ATL
- Austin AUS
- Baltimore BWI
- Chicago Midway MDW
- Dallas (Love Field) DAL
- Denver DEN
- Houston Hobby HOU
- Orange County SNA
- Orlando MCO
- San Antonio SAT
Mexico and Caribbean Destinations
Aruba AUA (BWI, MCO)
Belize City, Belize BZE (DAL, HOU)
Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos, Mexico SJD (DEN, HOU, SNA)
Cancun, Mexico CUN (ATL, AUS, BWI, MDW, HOU)
Liberia, Costa Rica LIR (DAL, HOU)
Mexico City, Mexico (HOU, SNA, SAT)
Montego Bay, Jamaica (MDW, DAL, HOU, MCO)
Nassau, Bahamas NAS (BWI)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico PVR (DEN, HOU, SNA)
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic PUJ (ATL, MDW)
San Jose, Costa Rica SJU (BWI, HOU)
Many of these fares do not seem especially low to me, but the free bags and ticket change credit makes many of these fares a good value.
Southwest Airlines Orlando to Aruba
$232.50 round trip February 17-24, 2016
Terms and Conditions
- Purchase from December 15 through December 17, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- International travel valid January 12 through March 2, 2016, and March 29 through May 25, 2016.
- International travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and international travel from and to Dallas is available only through Houston.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, so long as you cancel your reservations at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation.
- Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime Fare.
- Fares are subject to change until ticketed.
- Offer applies to published, scheduled service only.