Starwood Hotels opened four new Luxury Collection branded hotels in Europe this summer.
- Augustine in Prague, Czech Republic – SPG Category 5
- Caresse Resort & Spa, Bodrum, Turkey – SPG Category 7
- Falisia Resort & Spa, Portopiccolo, Italy – SPG Category 5
- Grand Hotel River Park, Bratislava, Slovakia – SPG Category 3
Starwood Luxury Collection hotels are on schedule to pass 100 properties worldwide by year-end 2015.
Augustine in Prague, Czech Republic is a 100-room hotel set in seven historic buildings, including the 13th century St. Thomas Monastery. The location is in the historic Mala Strana district of Prague near the castle, which is my favorite part of the city. To me, Prague looks like a real-life European Disney backdrop.
Caresse is an 84-room ocean view resort hotel in the resort destination of Bodrum, Turkey. This contemporary resort offers indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, basketball court, yacht for private excursions, and a large spa facility. The resort has a 500-ft. beach and overwater deck.
Falisia Resort, Italy is located in northeast Italy on the Adriatic Coast. A private beach with infinity pool accompanies the 65-room resort with sea views. The hotel is near the border of Slovenia and Croatia, a short drive from Venice and Trieste airports.
Grand Hotel River Park Bratislava, Slovakia is located on the bank of the Danube River, about ten minutes walk from the center of the old city. The former Kempinski hotel features 231 rooms and suites and an indoor pool. The hotel has a private river pier and the Danube bicycle path is outside the hotel.
Sample room rates for Wednesday, September 23
- Grand Hotel River Park Bratislava, Slovakia = EUR €224 or 7,000 points.
- Falisia Resort, Italy = EUR €310 or 12,000 points.
- Augustine, Prague = EUR €342 or 16,000 points (Sep 22 rate; Sep 23 not available).
- Caresse Resort, Bodrum, Turkey = EUR €495 or 35,000 points.