Westin Jekyll Island is the newest hotel open on Georgia’s Golden Isles State Park of Jekyll Island, near Brunswick. My visit happened on a June evening when sunset was around 8:00pm. The eco-design of the Westin Jekyll Island, and Beach Island retail shopping district and convention center includes sea turtle friendly low level night lighting for the beachfront hotel. The hotel opened in April 2015.
The outdoor pool is fenced and adjacent to a patio bar and café to the left of the Westin hotel building seen in the photo.
Brunswick News – A hallelujah moment on Jekyll Island Westin Jekyll Island (April 21, 2015) – Brunswick, Georgia
Beach Village retail center is still mostly unoccupied. The sidewalks are in place with night lighting on a paved path with beach access boardwalks.
This real estate development in Jekyll Island State Park managed land is one of the major developments of Jekyll Island in recent years with the Westin Hotel, a small retail with space for about a dozen shops and a convention center for groups up to 2,000 people for meetings, 4,000 for theater and up to 6,000 for receptions.
There are not many developed areas on the 8 square miles of Jekyll Island and this is a major tourism draw to have a conference center for the hotels. Westin Jekyll Island has 187 rooms with 13 suites. A couple miles down the road to the north are Holiday Inn Resort and Quality Inn. Days Inn and Hampton Inn are south of the Westin Hotel.
The hotel had a new hotel vibe. Employees were friendly and welcoming.
Walking around showed me a computer station in the lobby, a large patio area, a fitness center with beach view, and outdoor pool with café and bar.
There is a rooftop bar with ocean views I missed. A private function was happening there at the time I was visiting the hotel. Hotel photo gallery of Westin Jekyll Island are available from hotel website.
The hotel is located at the beach.
Hotel interior is modern and the place gives off a business vibe in a resort setting. Here are random photos of pool, outdoor restaurant space, and lobby interior.
Fitness Center and pool have a bathroom with lockers and showers and Salty’s café and bar beside the pool.
Westin’s restaurants include Salty’s for casual dining and bar at pool side. The main restaurant – The Reserve – is on the opposite side of the hotel.
Westin Jekyll Island sea turtle night lights on The Reserve outside patio.
This newly opened hotel is a great addition for a relaxing Jekyll Island beach getaway on the Georgia Barrier Islands.
Westin Jekyll Island is SPG Category 5 at 12,000 points per night.
5/21/2015 – 8/9/2015 at 16,000 points per night.
Loyalty Traveler Road Trip Orlando to Knoxville June 4-9, 2015
- Orlando to Knoxville road trip in 1,100 miles–my outline of destination articles.
- Daytona Beach, Florida – Babes, Bikes and Speed at Daytona Beach
- Jekyll Island, Georgia from historic country club to State Park This article was accidentally published when I had only described the Jekyll Island Causeway. Rather than delete it, I left it posted and the story of the transformation of Jekyll Island from historic country club to Georgia State park continues in the post below.
- Jekyll Island, Georgia History and Jekyll Island Club Hotel
- Best Western paid me $11 for my Georgia hotel night
- Georgia Sea Turtle Center, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Westin Jekyll Island, Holiday Inn Resort and Quality Inn Jekyll Island
- Savannah, Georgia Historic Downtown and Riverfront
- The Brice, Savannah, a Kimpton Hotel
- Tybee Island, Georgia beach and lighthouse
- Fort Pulaski National Monument and Civil War history in Savannah region
- Congaree National Park, South Carolina
- Downtown Asheville, North Carolina
- Biltmore Estate, Asheville, North Carolina
- The Inn at Biltmore, Asheville, North Carolina
- Asheville Vibrant Craft Beer Scene
- Waterfalls trails in DuPont State Forest, North Carolina
- Brevard, North Carolina – white squirrels and Pisgah National Forest
- Blue Ridge Parkway Motor Road, North Carolina
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Tennessee