American Airlines flies nonstop routes between Dallas DFW and San Jose SJO Costa Rica. That ticket is about $500 in October 2015 to buy today. United Airlines flies to Costa Rica via Houston IAH and has airfare at $348 for fall travel from September 1 into December 2015.
United Airlines also has discount fare to Belize City BZE $363, Guatemala City GUA $368, Panama City PTY $367, San Salvador SAL $351, Tegucigalpa TGU $396 and Managua MGA $406. Basically all Central American countries are offered by United at discount fares today from Dallas DFW for travel from September to December 2015.
Spirit has even lower fares for nonstop flights Houston IAH – SJO San Jose Costa Rica as low as $319, but DFW – SJO fares are $100 higher flying Spirit and that airline has higher baggage fees too compared to United Airlines.
United has many Central America routes on sale today for fall travel.
United Airlines Sale Routes (many dates beginning September 1 and into December)
- Dallas DFW – SJO San Jose Costa Rica $348
- Dallas DFW – SAL San Salvador El Salvador $351
- Dallas DFW – GUA Guatemala City, Guatemala $356.20 Economy N booking class.
- Dallas DFW – BZE Belize City, Belize $363
- Dallas DFW – PTY Panama City, Panama $367
- Dallas DFW – TGU Tegucigalpa, Honduras $396
- Dallas DFW – MGA Managua, Nicaragua $406
These DFW-Central America flights earn around 1,200 to 1,300 redeemable miles with United Mileage Plus. You can earn about 500 miles more in redeemable miles crediting United Airlines Economy N Booking Class flights to Asiana Airlines or Turkish Airlines for 50% flight miles.