Daily Getaways IHG Rewards Club points go on sale Tuesday, March 24 at 1:00pm ET, 10:00am PT. Four different sets of points will sell for $6.00 per 1,000 points starting at $90 for 15,000 points or as low as 5.65 per 1,000 points when you buy 100,000 points.
Daily Getaways travel deals are offered annually for five weeks by U.S. Travel Association, the primary organization devoted to promoting travel to and within the United States. Daily Getaways are legitimate offers and for several hotel loyalty programs, the deepest discount you will find all year for buying hotel points. This is the fifth year for Daily Getaways offers.
IHG Rewards Club points
IHG 15,000 points = $90 with 1,000 sets of points for sale ($6.00 per 1,000 points). Purchase limit = 5 sets of points.
IHG 25,000 points = $150 with 1,000 sets of points for sale ($6.00 per 1,000 points). Purchase limit = 4 sets of points.
IHG 50,000 points = $293 with 1,500 sets of points for sale ($5.83 per 1,000 points).
IHG 100,000 points = $565 with 3,850 sets of points for sale ($5.65 per 1,000 points).
IHG Rewards Club typically do not sell out due to the large number of packages available. You can buy 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points anytime for $7.00 per 1,000 points by booking a Points and Cash reward stay, buying 10,000 points for $70 and canceling the reservation. The points return to your account. This can be done for 250,000 points per year.
Loyalty Traveler – IHG PointBreaks Hotels for stays to May 31, 2015.
Last week I showed a road trip itinerary using low car rental rates available as Drive Out of Florida one-way deals routing from Orlando to Philadelphia specifically for a hotel stay at an IHG hotel every night on a 5,000 Pointbreaks hotel reward. That is $28.25 per night for hotel rooms.
Loyalty Traveler – Budget Travel Trifecta: Spirit flights, IHG hotels and Florida one way rental car deals (March 17, 2015).
IHG Rewards Club are the first hotel program points to be offered in the 2015 Daily Getaways.
- Club Carlson points go on sale Wednesday, March 25 at 1:00pm ET, 10:00am PT. $225 for 50,000 points.
- Hilton HHonors points go on sale Friday, March 27 at $500 for 100,000 points.
- Best Western points Monday, March 30 at $55 for 10,000 points.
- Choice Privileges points Friday, April 3 at $160 for 40,000 points.
- Hyatt Gold Passport points Friday, April 10 at $260 for 24,000 points.
- Marriott International gift cards Friday, April 17 for 20% off. $80 for a $100 gift card.
- Expedia $1000 gift card for $650 Wednesday, April 22 and Expedia Rewards Gold elite status.
All the price points and number of sets of points for sale are listed in this Loyalty traveler post from last week.
Loyalty Traveler – Daily Getaways 2015 discount hotel points preview for March 23 to April 10 (March 13, 2015)