HHonors Representative on FlyerTalk announced today Hilton free Wi-Fi for all HHonors members begins August 2015. HHonors Diamond members will receive premium Wi-Fi access beginning sometime in 2015 second quarter.
Hilton Wi-Fi Update
As you know, we value your feedback tremendously and have been listening closely to what you have to say to help us continue to evolve the HHonors program. And, thanks to your thoughts and input on our Wi-Fi offerings, we’ve decided to make some updates as we know this is one of the HHonors benefits that matters most to you. Details below:
- Our most loyal guests, Diamond members, will receive complimentary premium Wi-Fi beginning in the second quarter this year at all of our properties when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
- Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
- Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners.
- Booking directly through a proprietary Hilton channel one of our corporate travel partners:
- The Hilton HHonors mobile app
- Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
- Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
- Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
- Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
- This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge.
You’ll receive this benefit when booking directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners, which enables us to provide you with a more personalized stay experience. We heard you loud and clear when it comes to Wi-Fi and have shared your feedback with our broader team, so thank you for helping us better understand what is important to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out within this thread or through PM.
Here is an article I wrote recently about Hotel Wi-Fi policies. Hilton Worldwide was the laggard hotel chain that finally makes the move to free Wi-Fi.
Loyalty Traveler – Major hotel brands Free Internet Rules 2015 (Feb 5, 2015)