Marriott MegaBonus spring 2015 is open for registration in your Marriott Rewards account. Despite Gary Leff of View from the Wing declaring MegaBonus dead Marriott’s MegaBonus is Dead, But the Name Lives On. Here are the Offers., the perennial offer has simply returned to its pre-recession crisis versions of bonus points instead of free night certificates.
The free night at a category 1-4 or 1-5 hotel was a good deal while the run lasted (2009-2014), but it looks like the new world financial order, at least in the USA where the vast majority of Marriott properties are located, has Marriott MegaBonus dropping the free night offers. Every other hotel chain dropped free night offer promotions before 2014.
Spring MegaBonus 2015 Options:
- Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay that includes a Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday — up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays over weekend day)
- Earn 3,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 9 stays)
- Earn 2,500 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points (maxes out after 11 stays)
- Earn 2,000 points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 13 stays)
- Earn 10,000 points after 10 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 24,000 bonus points (maxes out after 17 nights)
- Earn 25,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
- Earn 15,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points with every additional night, up to 35,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
- Earn 25,000 points after 15 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 45,000 bonus points (maxes out after 25 nights)
- Earn 35,000 points after 20 paid nights plus 2,000 points after every additional night, up to 55,000 bonus points (maxes out after 30 nights)
My offer (Marriott Silver) is 3,000 bonus points beginning second stay, up to 24,000 points with 9 stays.
My wife with no elite status received 2,500 bonus points beginning second stay, up to 25,000 points with 11 stays.
These are the best offers for members who will likely have fewer than five 1-night hotel stays. I can earn 12,000 bonus points with five low-cost stays.
I liked earning the free night certificates, however, the massive shift of hotels out of Marriott Rewards category 4 and 5 over the past three years has made free night certificates far less useful. I had one free night certificate expire on me last summer with so few hotels in California at Category 5 in places I wanted to visit.
The value of Marriott points is they stick around for a long time. Unlike Hilton HHonors, who regularly purge points from inactive acccounts, which can be as little as 12 months of inactivity, Marriott Rewards typically lets points sit in accounts even after several years of inactivity. Before MegaBonus started the free night offers in 2009, my account had points available from my previous hotel stays in 2002. That is what I call loyalty to the customer.
Marriott New Member Free Night Offer
Looks like the free night at a category 1-5 hotel after your second paid stay in 120 days is still available for new member enrollees.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is valid for new members who enroll in the Marriott Rewards® program on or after November 4, 2013.
- Your earning period starts the day you enroll through the end of that month, plus an additional 120 days.
- Make two paid stays at a participating Marriott® hotel during your earning period to receive a free night certificate at any participating Category 1-5 hotel.
- Stay at participating Marriott hotels, which include the following brands: JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels® and Marriott Vacation Club® brands.
- Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement.
- A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.
- Please note that this is an electronic certificate and will be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards account after completing two qualifying paid stays.
- Certificate must be redeemed within one year from the date of issue.
- Certificate is for a standard room type.
- You may use additional Marriott Rewards points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability. At participating Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites properties, Certificates are for a studio or one bedroom.