In a promotion similar to the soon-to-end Into the Nights, IHG follows up with Set Your Sights. Basically the same structure of individualized tasks from IHG Rewards Club Into the Nights is used for Set Your Sights with 50,000 bonus points total for most members. No free nights choice this round.
IHG Rewards Club members worldwide can register for Set Your Sights beginning December 15. Eligible stays from January 1 to April 30, 2015 inclusive count for these tasks.
IHG Set Your Sights on tasks for 50000 points Jan 1-Apr 30, 2015
I checked Kelley’s IHG Rewards Club Set Your Sights tasks first.
- 500 points for Task 1: Download IHG App (done with Into the Nights); requires 0 nights.
- 5,000 points for Task 2: Book 2 stays directly with IHG; requires minimum 2 nights.
- 5,000 points for Task 3: Stay 3 nights; requires 3 nights.
- 5,000 points for Task 4: Stay Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday weekend; requires 2 nights.
- 10,000 points for Task 5: Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Hotels; requires minimum 2 nights.
Tasks 1, 2 and 3 can be embedded in the specific stay requirements of Tasks 4 and 5.
She needs a Friday-Saturday weekend stay, which is preferable to changing hotels. That weekend stay needs to be at a Holiday Inn with another Holiday Inn stay for any night. Her tasks can be completed in one 3-night weekend at two Holiday Inn hotels to earn 50,500 bonus points.
There is a high probability we will complete Kelley’s IHG tasks since we have Set Our Sights on an extended stay at the InterContinental Park Lane London and InterContinental Amstel in Amsterdam. We will have four free IHG nights from the Into the Nights promotion and 200,000 points for four more free nights after Into the Nights and Set Your Sights.
I am not even counting the potential 50,000 points from my different IHG Set Your Sights tasks. My tasks are harder to complete and we will focus our stays on completing Kelley’s offer first.
Here are my IHG Set Your Sights tasks
- 2,200 points for Task 1: Book 3 stays directly with IHG; minimum 3 nights.
- 8,800 points for Task 2: Stay 6 nights; requires 6 nights.
- 4,800 points for Task 3: Stay 2 times on 2-night weekend stays including a Saturday night nights; minimum 4 nights.
- 5,000 points for Task 4: Book a Holiday Inn Club Vacation; limiting factor here is there are only six eligible hotels in the USA to complete this task.
- 12,000 points for Task 5: Stay at 2 Crowne Plaza Hotels; requires minimum 2 nights.
- 1,500 points for Task 6: Pay for one stay with IHG Rewards Club credit card.
- Complete 5 of 6 tasks and earn 15,700 bonus points.
I only need to complete 5 of 6 offers to earn 15,700 bonus points. Tasks 1 and 6 can be completed while fulfilling other tasks. The stay at two Crowne Plaza hotels for 12,000 points is worth doing on its own. The 2-night weekend stays can be fulfilled easily. I have no travel plans at the moment for the first four months of 2014, but I will definitely being going somewhere on two one week or longer trips during that period.
For my Set Your Sights offer, booking the Holiday Inn Club Vacation stay is the most difficult to achieve since it requires being in a specific location.
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orlando – Orange Lake Resort
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Las Vegas – Desert Club Resort
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Myrtle Beach – South Beach
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Gatlinburg – Smoky Mountain Resort
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Cape Canaveral – Beach Resort
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Williamsburg Resort
I will do a separate post on this task since there is also a free night or 20,000 points bonus offer available with this task, separate from Set your Sights offer.
Completing the other five tasks with six IHG nights is a reasonable probability and those six nights can earn 45,000 bonus points.
Kelley’s Set Your Sights can be completed in 3 IHG nights. We will focus on that promotion offer first. I’ll wait and see what other hotel chains offer for 2015 Q1 before I pursue six nights with IHG.
Club Carlson can tear me away from IHG stays if their 2015 Q1 offer allows me to earn 25,000 points with less spend than the IHG Set Your Sights earns 50,000 points. My objective is to earn as many free nights for hotels in Europe as I can for 2015 trips. I expect to spend four weeks or more in Europe in 2015 and I will be in redemption mode.