In August I wrote about THEhotel in Las Vegas rebranding to Delano, a Morgans Hotel Group luxury brand. In the Delano rebranding email, I received an invitation for the Morgans Hotel Group Global Card based on being an Mlife Noir card holder, which is a status I received courtesy of being a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member invited as a media attendee to the Hyatt Gold Passport-Mlife launch party in July 2013 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Making my once a month or so visit to my mailbox yesterday, I found a standard letter-size black envelope among a multitude of white letter-size envelopes. One of the white envelopes was from Nordic Choice Club with a lovely two-tone blue membership card and a letter entirely in Norwegian, except for the job title of the letter signer as Program Manager Nordic Choice Club.
The black envelope looks to be hand addressed in gold ink in semi-cursive penmanship. Black background stamps depicting firework starbursts behind an American Flag are the only other colors on the front of the black envelope. The back side of the black envelope has Morgans Hotel Group and their New York address printed in gold color letters.
“As a highly valued guest of Morgans Hotel Group, we are pleased to offer you a special privilege card designed to enhance your future visits to our properties around the world.
The Global Card
We hope you enjoy your card and the many benefits it offers. We look forward to seeing you soon.”
Morgans Hotel Group Global Card Benefits
There are currently only 14 Morgans Hotel Group properties. The good news for me is three of the hotels are within driving distance with The Clift San Francisco, Mondrian Los Angeles on the Sunset Strip and Delano Las Vegas. Four hotels are in New York with Hudson, Mondrian, Morgans and Royalton. Three hotels are in Miami South Beach with Delano, Mondrian and Shore Club. Three hotels are in London with Mondrian, Sanderson and St. Martins Lane. One Morgans hotel is in Istanbul with 10 Karakoy.
Mondrian Soho, New York, 9 Crosby Street
Mondrian Los Angeles, 8440 Sunset Boulevard (great music venue location by House of Blues)
Mondrian South Beach, Miami area Florida
Mondrian London at Sea Containers, London UK
Hudson New York, 356 West 58th Street
Delano Las Vegas (within Mandalay Bay Resort)
10 Karakoy Istanbul, Turkey
Morgans New York, 237 Madison Avenue
Royalton New York, 44 West 44th Street
South Beach Shore Club, Miami area, Florida
Morgans Hotel Group Global Card Entitlements
– Dedicated reservation number
– Dedicated Global Experience manager to assist you with all your needs before and during your stay.
– One complimentary night at all of our new hotels around the world within six months of opening.
– $100 in US hotels or £100 in UK hotels for a 1 night stay in a standard room if booked and available after 10pm on night of arrival.
The free night is one I can probably use to stay at teh new Delano Las Vegas opened this month. There are a couple of other hotels scheduled to open in Istanbul and Moscow. I don’t know if they will open before my Global Card expires at the end of March 2015.
More useful to me is the potential to stay at The Clift San Francisco and Mondrian Los Angeles for $100 per night. San Francisco is a 2-hour drive for me and taking off one afternoon for the city on a night when The Clift is not booked out will be better than a Priceline stay.
Friday, October 24 shows Standard King rate at $347 per night. Unlike many hotels in San Francisco, The Clift has some lower rates on weeknights when the Standard king drops to $202, although Wednesday, Oct 1 shows rates at $439.
I may not get much use from Morgans Global Card, but I will certainly try to get a $100 room at the Clift before April 2015.
– Upgrade to the best available hotel accommodation upon arrival, not including specialty suites and based upon availability
– Invitations to exclusive Global Card events, hotel openings and special events throughout the year
– Access to our pools and beaches for you and a guest.
– Guaranteed entrance for you and two guests to all Morgans Hotel Group bars and priority reservations at all our restaurants (excluding Nobu)
– 20% discount at all restaurants and bars in our hotels on Mondays and Tuesdays (for parties up to 6 people and excluding Nobu and Herringbone)
– 20% discount on all spa services in our hotel spas
– 20% discount at Mondrian South Beach’s Marina
– 10% discount at BASE retail stores located in our hotels
Luxury hotels are typically not my style, but I do enjoy music. Mondrian Los Angeles is across the street from House of Blues. It has been over two years since I visited Mondrian Los Angeles and there was hotel remodeling at the time.
I think I’ll be having some California dreamin’ in a couple of Morgans Hotel Group properties over the next six months. 10pm is a nice time of night to drive Sunset from the beach to the Strip.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.