Hyatt Gold Passport is primarily known as an upper upscale and luxury hotel chain with a good balance of nearly 50% of its 554 hotels in two affordable upscale brands with Hyatt Place and Hyatt House. The Hyatt hotel chain has purchased smaller hotel chains in recent years for much more rapid expansion than building new hotels for Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands. These two brands have been the major area of growth for the chain. Hyatt Hotels has grown from 399 hotels at year-end 2009 and numbers about 554 hotel properties March 31, 2014.
One of the economic advantages of Hyatt Hotels for Americans are the two hotel brands of Hyatt Place and Hyatt House for over 250 hotels in the USA with relatively low average rates $110 to $130. Compare this to their luxury brands with about 85 hotels globally and average rates around $240 to $350+ per night for Grand Hyatt, Andaz and Park Hyatt. This makes it possible to earn points staying at the lower priced brands in the USA and redeem points for luxury hotels in the USA and around the world.
Hotel Brands: 554 Hotels, 148,239 rooms.
- Park Hyatt – Luxury, 32 hotels in 20 countries, 6,374 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $363.11
- Andaz – Luxury, 11 hotels in 4 countries, 2,269 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $270.93
- Grand Hyatt – Luxury, 40 hotels in 20 countries, 22,248 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $241.02
- Hyatt – Upper Upscale, 39 hotels in 5 countries, 8,727 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $166.38
- Hyatt Regency – Upper Upscale, 150 hotels in 33 countries, 71,067 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $174.46
- Hyatt House – Upscale extended stay, 58 hotels in USA, 8,154 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $129.65
- Hyatt Place – Upscale, 197 hotels in 3 countries, 26,411 rooms. Average Daily Rate (March 31, 2014 data) = $111.13
- Hyatt Vacation Club, 25 residential timeshare properties in 10 countries, 2,064 units.
- Hyatt Ziva, 1 all inclusive, 619 rooms, Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Hyatt Zilara, 1 all inclusive, 306 rooms, Cancun, Mexico.
Hotel Chain Scale Segment 2014 Smith Travel Research STR used to rank hotels is scale based on average daily rate for the brand in the USA and globally.
Hyatt Gold Passport Resource Pages
- Hyatt Gold Passport Membership Levels and Benefits.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Airline Partners and Earn Miles.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Purchase and Transfer Points.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Reward Nights (including suite upgrades and all-inclusive/vacation properties)
- Hyatt Gold Passport Hotel Reward Category Lists.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Paid Night Upgrades for points.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Points + Cash Awards.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Buy and Transfer Points. $24 per 1,000 points, up to 40,000 points per calendar year.
- Hyatt Gold Passport My Elite Rate 20% discount for Platinum/Diamond members.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Visa card for automatic Platinum elite membership, enrollment bonus of 2 free hotel nights at any property and an annual free night at a category 1-4 hotel.
**** Earn Hyatt Gold Passport for dining and spa services as a non-guest at participating Hyatt Hotels. Loyalty Traveler post April 4, 2012.
This is an introductory post to Hyatt Hotels and Hyatt Gold Passport. Links will be added to this post as subsequent Loyalty Traveler articles are published on Hyatt Elite member benefits, Airline Partners, Award Types and hotel award category distribution.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.