There are 14 Marriott brand hotels in the Chicago area with two hotels in Chicago offering 2,500 points per night and $25 food and beverage credit Thursday through Sunday from June 11 to August 31. This promotion requires rate code M11.
Big Bonus Weekends include these freebies:
– Free high speed internet access
– At Courtyard: Free breakfast for two (2) adults
– At Residence Inn & SpringHill Suites: Free breakfast buffet
Marriott Rewards Chicago Big Bonus Weekends promotion.
2,500 bonus points per night and breakfast is a good deal if the points are only $15 to $20 per night more than you would otherwise pay for a breakfast rate. The hotels I checked were quite a bit higher than that amount when comparing AAA rates to the M11 promotional rate for bonus points. This does not look like a real deal for most travelers.
Courtyard Chicago Downtown River North, June 13, 2014
- M11 promotion for 2,500 bonus points = $204 (includes $25 food and beverage credit)
- Standard Rate = $179
- AAA rate = $143
$60+ more for the bonus points and food credit is not a good deal.
Courtyard Chicago O’Hare, Friday July 12
- M11 promotion for 2,500 bonus points = $134 (includes $25 food and beverage credit)
- Standard Rate = $91 (Prepaid, nonrefundable)
- AAA rate = $109
- Stay for Breakfast rate (cancel day of arrival) = $119 (2 adults)
The M11 rate for 2,500 bonus points at this hotel is $15 more than the free breakfast for two rate. This would be a decent deal for an extra $25 compared to the flexible cancellation AAA rate without breakfast if you have two people eating.
All in all, I think this Marriott Rewards bonus points offer is one to pass on.
Terms and Conditions
* The Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile and all participating Courtyard hotels require a Friday or Saturday night stay.
Guest must book reservation using promotional code listed above in order to receive bonus points. Offer applies to one regular room per stay, per member on dates listed. A “hotel stay” or “stay” means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Rewards member. Offer not available during special events; tax is additional; special offers cannot be combined; blackout dates may exist; advance reservations are required. Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.