Hyatt officially opened Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills this week as its fourth hotel in the Japanese city. The hotel is located in the top floors 47-52 of the 52-story Toranomon Hills Tower with sweeping views of the city skyline.
Andaz Tokyo has 164 guest rooms, including eight suites, with a large average size of 540 square feet for Standard Rooms. Bathrooms feature deep soaking tubs. As in all Andaz properties, wireless internet and non-alcohol items in room mini-bar are complimentary.
Andaz Tavern is located on the 51st floor with 16-ft. ceilings and features European style cuisine with seasonal Japanese ingredients. The 52nd floor features Rooftop Bar, open 5pm to midnight, and designed in the traditional Japanese architectural style of a Katsura Rikyu villa.
The Andaz Tokyo spa and fitness center are located on the 37th floor with views overlooking the Imperial Palace. The fitness center is 1,350 sq. m. and the spa features a 20-meter swimming pool.
AO Spa is introducing a high performance, immediate results orientated European skincare line- Natura Bisse. AO Spa is the first and only spa in Tokyo to offer a revolutionary treatment that mimics the results of cosmectical injectables.
Sounds penny dreadful to me, but hey, whatever floats your botox alternatives.
Here are features of the hotel as listed on the Andaz Tokyo homepage.
- Design by Tony Chi and Shinichiro Ogata, reflecting the Japanese love for natural materials and textures like washi paper and wood
- Spacious guestrooms with Japanese-inspired style, averaging a size of 50 square metres (540 square feet) for standard rooms, with unparalleled views of the beautiful skyline of Tokyo
- Partitions inspired by Japanese fusuma/shoji allowing guests to customize the space based on their personal style
- Spacious bathroom with a large bathtub awaits in the innermost chamber
- Andaz Tavern on the 51st floor with a 5-metre-high window view of Tokyo
- A breathtaking Rooftop Bar on the 52nd floor with open-air seating
- The city’s highest stand-alone chapel
- 770 square metres (8,300 square feet) of flexible event space
- 5 treatment rooms
- A unique 20-metre pool overlooks the Imperial Palace
- latest gym equipment
- Beautiful artworks throughout the hotel
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Complimentary mini bar with non-alcoholic beverages and snacks
- Unlimited local phone calls
Andaz Tokyo Sample Rates
I checked rates for a few dates in September to see $491 USD as the base rate. Taxes add more than 20% to the base rate for $600 per night to book a standard room.
$600 per night starting rate for Andaz Tokyo.
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills is a category 6 Hyatt Gold Passport award at 25,000 points per night.
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.