Marriott Rewards Plus Points is a social media campaign from May 8 to November 8, 2014 offering up to 2,000 bonus points per 30 days for Marriott members who register for the program and ‘Follow’ specific hotels and brands on Twitter, ‘Like’ on Facebook pages, use FourSquare for check-in points, geotag photos and use specific hashtags on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Only one qualifying activity is allowed per 24 hour period for a points earning activity. You need to be engaged at least 8 days per 30 days to maximize the offer. Registered members can earn 2,000 points per month with just a few minutes effort. Earning points is as simple as clicking ‘Like’ for the Facebook page of one of the participating hotels or ‘Follow’ one of these hotels on Twitter each day or every few days for 250 points.
There are enough hotels to ‘Like’ eight different hotels every 30 days for 2,000 points and then ‘Follow’ these same eight hotels on Twitter the next month and earn another 2,000 points for 4,000 Marriott Rewards points.
I connected my Twitter and Facebook accounts with Marriott Rewards Plus Points for 250 points earned with each connection.
Registering for Marriott Rewards Plus Points today still allows the opportunity to earn over 10,000 Marriott Rewards points by November 8, 2014.
10,000 Marriott Rewards points might not seem like much value. A free night at a Category 1 hotel is 7,500 points and category 2 hotels are 10,000 points. Last summer I stayed at Fairfield Inn Tehachapi, California which is about half-way on the 510-miles drive between my home in Monterey and Las Vegas. The Fairfield Inn Tehachapi hotel room offered more space and amenities than my room at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Fairfield Inn Tehachapi is a new-build category 1 hotel.
I gambled and won! Fairfield Inn Tehachapi, California is great Marriott Rewards Category 1 hotel award. Loyalty Traveler – July 20, 2013.
Facebook and Twitter icons on the homepage for Boston Marriott Copley Place earn 250 Marriott Rewards points each for a ‘Like’ and a ‘Follow’ (need 24 hours between actions to earn points credit for both).
The chart for earning points through Marriott Rewards Plus Points
- Like/Follow a page or account on Facebook or Twitter = 250 points.
- Share/Re-Tweet content on Facebook or Twitter = 25 points.
- Social Check-in/Post Geotagged photos on Facebook, Instagram or Foursquare = 25 points.
- Post using hashtags on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram = 25 points.
List of Participating Hotels
- Anaheim Marriott
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- Boston Marriott Long Wharf
- Charlotte Marriott City Center
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
- Costa Mesa Marriott
- Denver Marriott South
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
- Indianapolis Marriott Downtown
- Irvine Marriott
- Las Vegas Marriott
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Marco Island Beach Resort
- Marina Del Rey Marriott
- Marriott Plano at Legacy Town Center
- Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University
- New Orleans Marriott
- NY Marriott Brooklyn Bridge
- NY Marriott Marquis
- Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- San Francisco Marriott Union Square
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
- Washington Dulles Marriott Suites
- Washington Marriott Marquis
- Hashtag: #RenHotels
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel
- Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel & Convention Center
- Renaissance Austin Hotel
- Renaissance Blackstone Chicago Hotel
- Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel
- Renaissance Dallas Hotel
- Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel
- Renaissance New York Hotel 57
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
- Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
- Renaissance Washington, DC Dupont Circle Hotel
- The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
The Autograph Collection
- Hashtag: #Autograph
- None; participating at the brand level only
Ric Garrido of Monterey, California is writer and owner of Loyalty Traveler.
Loyalty Traveler shares news and views on hotels, hotel loyalty programs and vacation destinations for frequent guests. Check out current hotel loyalty program offers across all the major chains in Loyalty Traveler’s monthly hotel promotions guide.